TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Locked
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by BeeJay » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:16 pm

PP. wrote:What's so big deal? After a while those "crap scores" became the subject of hard competitions.
I'm glad you finally agreed that they are indeed crap scores. Good to get that admission out of you at last!! :)

The problem is that you're wasting our time and polluting the uploads with these crap scores, which can mean that scores which should get recognised get lost in the noise. You're also not putting any real effort into the games when you find ones with no scores submitted currently, which totally violates rule 2n as we've pointed out previously.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm

BeeJay wrote: The problem is that you're wasting our time and polluting the uploads with these crap scores, which can mean that scores which should get recognised get lost in the noise. You're also not putting any real effort into the games when you find ones with no scores submitted currently,
Are you talking for the present time or for the past?
I understand your point but let me ask you something. How many of my first places-currently 163-you think are crap scores(no skill-no effort-unplayed roms)? All? 150? 135?
Think a number and tell me, and without see my page if possible.

BeeJay wrote: ....which totally violates rule 2n as we've pointed out previously
May I upload a crap score in order to beat another crap score?
What do rules say about that?
Last edited by PP. on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 490
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by Novice » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:17 pm

BBH wrote: Do you honestly believe that I'm not good at ANY racing, maze, or sports games? Is this what you're seriously saying?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no doubt.
better than PP
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by Kale » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:16 am

PP. wrote:
BeeJay wrote: The problem is that you're wasting our time and polluting the uploads with these crap scores, which can mean that scores which should get recognised get lost in the noise. You're also not putting any real effort into the games when you find ones with no scores submitted currently,
Are you talking for the present time or for the past?
I understand your point but let me ask you something. How many of my first places-currently 163-you think are crap scores(no skill-no effort-unplayed roms)? All? 150? 135?
Think a number and tell me, and without see my page if possible.
Only Street Hoop is legit apparently, all the rest is crap.
Your best lame effort imho is with Master Boy, a pen & paper strategy can rekt those scores easily. =D>

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Kale wrote: Only Street Hoop is legit apparently, all the rest is crap.
Your best lame effort imho is with Master Boy, a pen & paper strategy can rekt those scores easily. =D>

Ok, obviously you are so stupid and this discussion is over.

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by Kale » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:53 am

Now you're offending in an unfunny way.
You can troll better than this. :?

User avatar
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:56 am
Location: 20 Grand Palace

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by The TJT » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 am

Sort of amusing thread.
BBH wrote: Are you really that proud of flooding the site with low-effort recordings on games that were mostly unplayed??
I believe the MARP lingo for that is 'a marker'...

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/tron3
...And when your score is beaten 10 years later - you're supposed to beat it back. Rrrright...
BeeJay wrote:in many cases played just long enough to get a score to submit solely to try and climb that useless and pointless leader board page on Marp. Would you really have submitted all those games if that stupid page didn't encourage this type of behaviour....
I had a suggestion a few years back, which wasn't met with great enthusiasm...

Give points to first place based on how many replays are submitted in that game...
For example T&F first place would earn 46 points, while some obscure clone with single submission would earn 1 point for leaderboard. (and I think racking up 47 of those would still be easier)

Yes, it's not entirely fair and doesn't always equal the effort (there are plenty strong scores on lesser played games as well). But at least it would discourage LB points leeching... and might even spark some new competition and meaning to our leaderboard.

Maybe someone could run the script and see how that would affect the leaderboard.

User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by giro-X » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:50 am

No, this discussion is NOT over PP, it is not acceptable that you're still wandering around after you admitted publicly that you share same IP/PC with TK.
Editors didn't waste time to ban, many years ago, the various multiple accounts by PG3, I don't see why you have to be excused from that.
Yes, I want to hear from editors why nothing has been done and I will insist, day after day, week after week if necessary, until I don't get an answer. Whether the truth is that you are one person or two persons, two accounts on same address are not allowed, that didn't have to start in the very first place.

PP, or TK, or whoever you are, you don't quite understand (or you know but you distract people on other stupid details) that I have no grudge or resentment against "you and you only", what I want is respect of the rules, and the application of them.
Multiple accounts? Not allowed, one must be deleted.
Breaking rule 2n? We never banned for that but, since everyone has a word at MARP (cit.), you have it but we others have it too, so you will never be able to shut us up from underlining how much crap some scores are. Whether it's PP or el wil or saulon or whoever else, there's lot of people doing that.
Cheating? Not allowed, wherever something happens that shouldn't exist, the score must be zeroed. Going at 117% speed for several moments is a not tolerated behaviour in here, as well it is not mashing random keys because you pretend you don't know how to play but you know score depends on coins and then you add coins on purpose, as well it is not changing the system date... as well actually it should be not tolerated that a player may help/assist you while you are recording, and since you admitted, and insist on saying that TK and PP are different users who share same PC, you will never be able to give proof that you were playing alone all the time, or that all your scores are yours and his are his.
By allowing a second "user" to use an account on the same recording place, you have fallen in a point of no return where you will be always afflicted by doubt and suspect from other people.

PLUS, your behaviour in forum surely has become out of place. Whether we may disagree on what "lot of effort" means, you have dragged us in a vortex of endless discussions full of disrepect and trolling, just because you believe every single damned replay of yours is SACRED and whoever tries to apply the rules and DQ one of them must be persecuted for life. Or persecute whoever BEATS one or more of your scores.

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by Kale » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:32 am

The TJT wrote: Give points to first place based on how many replays are submitted in that game...
For example T&F first place would earn 46 points, while some obscure clone with single submission would earn 1 point for leaderboard. (and I think racking up 47 of those would still be easier)

Yes, it's not entirely fair and doesn't always equal the effort (there are plenty strong scores on lesser played games as well). But at least it would discourage LB points leeching... and might even spark some new competition and meaning to our leaderboard.

Maybe someone could run the script and see how that would affect the leaderboard.
Just run individual leaderboards per-genre and give it a number of points for your global position in that genre.
i.e. let's say if you are first at Breakout genre you'd get MAX points, second place will get MAX minus N, third MAX - N * N and so on.
All these points would create a global standings by summing worthy genre LBs.

For doing this you'd need to add a genre field to the database, which is something you need anyway due of the gambling romsets.
And of course define MAX and N actual values.

ETA: I think this discussion should be split into an actual Regulation Play topic. 8)

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Kale wrote:Now you're offending in an unfunny way.
You can troll better than this. :?
When you call so many people "crap players", then guess who's trolling.


giro-X wrote: PLUS, your behaviour in forum surely has become out of place. Whether we may disagree on what "lot of effort" means, you have dragged us in a vortex of endless discussions full of disrepect and trolling, just because you believe every single damned replay of yours is SACRED and whoever tries to apply the rules and DQ one of them must be persecuted for life. Or persecute whoever BEATS one or more of your scores.
Give me a break, will you? you dragged yourself. I just answered as I had to. The "endless discussion" is your speciality...

When someone asks for a strange score its ok, when I do the same "I persecute" :roll:

giro-X wrote:No, this discussion is NOT over PP, it is not acceptable that you're still wandering around after you admitted publicly that you share same IP/PC with TK.
Editors didn't waste time to ban, many years ago, the various multiple accounts by PG3, I don't see why you have to be excused from that.
Yes, I want to hear from editors why nothing has been done and I will insist, day after day, week after week if necessary, until I don't get an answer. Whether the truth is that you are one person or two persons, two accounts on same address are not allowed, that didn't have to start in the very first place.

PP, or TK, or whoever you are, you don't quite understand (or you know but you distract people on other stupid details) that I have no grudge or resentment against "you and you only", what I want is respect of the rules, and the application of them.
Multiple accounts? Not allowed, one must be deleted.
I'm tired of this.

Ok, delete my account and merge scores to TK2012.

User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by giro-X » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:42 pm

HAHAHAHA :mrgreen: "merge scores"? You would like that.
That's not how it works, deletion of account means also deletion of replays, there is a big difference between ban and deletion. But don't worry, you probably will be able to reupload your precious replays on your own.

Funny also how you ask people to give you a break, when you were the first to criticize us for not realizing INSTANTLY that some of saulonpb's scores were in error.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 pm

giro-X wrote:HAHAHAHA :mrgreen: "merge scores"? You would like that.
That's not how it works, deletion of account means also deletion of replays, there is a big difference between ban and deletion. But don't worry, you probably will be able to reupload your precious replays on your own.
Then decide what you will do.
Are you some mod?
giro-X wrote: Funny also how you ask people to give you a break, when you were the first to criticize us for not realizing INSTANTLY that some of saulonpb's scores were in error.
What do you mean "us"? When I' m talking to you its only you.

I never asked something to be "instantly"... boy, I'm getting sick of your craps and lies :roll:

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 490
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by Novice » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:35 am

giro-X wrote:HAHAHAHA :mrgreen: "merge scores"? You would like that.
That's not how it works, deletion of account means also deletion of replays, there is a big difference between ban and deletion. But don't worry, you probably will be able to reupload your precious replays on your own.
Funny also how you ask people to give you a break, when you were the first to criticize us for not realizing INSTANTLY that some of saulonpb's scores were in error.
DEFCON=7
Why do you waste your time for worthless Junk maker giro-x? no doubt he is worthless guy.
I recognize giro-x is one of the top 10 best player among marp.
(other 9 are mai-n,zfz,BBH,DAN,moreno,essekappa,M.T,edusword,WRX2.)

I am waiting for your next replay. you should play rather than talk with crap.
To make "A GOOD" replay, 10 years are too short as you know.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by giro-X » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:55 am

Novice wrote:DEFCON=7
Why do you waste your time for worthless Junk maker giro-x? no doubt he is worthless guy.
I recognize giro-x is one of the top 10 best player among marp.
(other 9 are mai-n,zfz,BBH,DAN,moreno,essekappa,M.T,edusword,WRX2.)

I am waiting for your next replay. you should play rather than talk with crap.
To make "A GOOD" replay, 10 years are too short as you know.
I know, well maybe 10 years for a single replay is too much, but I mean, I understand what you are saying in general.
I just don't tolerate that behaviour. He can't expect to be able to do literally whatever he wants, with the hope that people give up on controlling him, being stressed by his endless complains and requests. Rules are rules, someone may not like them but they must be observed. Wherever the rules do not cover an exceptional event, common sense must be used, and we all realized he hasn't any.
Thank you also for your point of view. I agree with some names, with some "eh...", and probably I don't really deserve to be in a top ten, but that's personal.
Yes, I would really like to record something good or decent; sometimes, though, I need a break.


Sincerely I could reply to his post again by just quoting older posts where he puts himself in contraddiction, but, what the heck, we're not blindfolded, I don't have to play Captain Obvious all the time here.

User avatar
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:56 am
Location: 20 Grand Palace

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by The TJT » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Novice wrote: To make "A GOOD" replay, 10 years are too short as you know.
Maybe you're just a slow learner?

Locked