TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:46 am

BeeJay wrote:
Given that Barry also programmes the WolfMame extensions, as well as helping with writing some of the game emulations, it's indeed amusing for you to even try to suggest that he is "new in computers"?!? Perhaps if you'd been around for longer, and/or also considered the contributions that Barry has made to Mame over the years, you wouldn't make such a foot-in-your-mouth statement and try to explain what would have been the bleedingly obvious to Barry!
I know that Barry knows computers, of course I did humor.

I saw TK's score is zeroed, why? The overall speed is >90%.
Its funny that you delete a great score like that for no reason, while many other bogus scores remain although they do not play...

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by Kale » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 pm

PP. wrote: I know that Barry knows computers, of course I did humor.

I saw TK's score is zeroed, why? The overall speed is >90%.
Its funny that you delete a great score like that for no reason, while many other bogus scores remain although they do not play...
It's funnier that you DON'T understand.
Are you καθυστερημένος? :roll:

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Kale wrote: It's funnier that you DON'T understand.
Are you καθυστερημένος? :roll:
Looks like you are καθυστερημενος because I told you many times the facts.
There was just a cpu o/c and f11 for 10/10 frames. Nothing else.
Barry himself told us to use o/c.

So plz someone explain why that score was zeroed. Because Kale said so?

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by mahlemiut » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:25 pm

PP. wrote:So plz someone explain why that score was zeroed. Because Kale said so?
In-game, his speed is almost constantly below 90%, averaging approximately 85%. Like yours, it also has unthrottled speed during boot up, which artificially inflates the average speed.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:59 pm

mahlemiut wrote: In-game, his speed is almost constantly below 90%, averaging approximately 85%. Like yours, it also has unthrottled speed during boot up, which artificially inflates the average speed.
Yes this is true, sometimes the speed goes 70% or 80%. But the overall speed is >90%.
So, what Marp's rules say in this case? Do we count the partial speed or the overall speed :?:

And plz let this be clear, no tricks no cheats were used.
Anyone who will try to record this game with an overclocked cpu (about 3,8GHz) will have the same speed. A scale from 70% to about 113%.
Thats how my recent "ffgeveng" inp is too.

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by mahlemiut » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 pm

PP. wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:Anyone who will try to record this game with an overclocked cpu (about 3,8GHz) will have the same speed. A scale from 70% to about 113%.
Thats how my recent "ffgeveng" inp is too.
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. MAME will only constantly run above 100% if throttling is disabled. You might get a bit more if your system monitor is using a frame rate greater than the game's 59.8Hz, but this does not explain 220% during the warning screen.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:35 pm

mahlemiut wrote: I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. MAME will only constantly run above 100% if throttling is disabled. You might get a bit more if your system monitor is using a frame rate greater than the game's 59.8Hz, but this does not explain 220% during the warning screen.
What an insistence! I tell you there were no tricks. You really believe I' m lying? What for? Am I some PAC case?...
Try yourself then. Why you don't? You 'll get same results.

Now, what Marp's rules say? Overall speed counts or partial? If overall, then plz restore score.

I see you also deleted my today ffreveng score(but you leave an older score of 11k). What should I do in order to upload a score?
If not o/c then speed would be <90, if I o/c then you say its not valid...
I 'll keep trying anyway.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 am

mahlemiut wrote:but this does not explain 220% during the warning screen.
You mean the starting-before match-screen.
I found out how it goes 220. Happens if you set 10/10 frames via f11-f9 at that moment. You see, in that moment there is no move so speed is high.
In my recent upload I set 10/10 when match starts, so there is no more than 117 in the whole inp.

You have a point, if the speed is 200% in some points of the game(when starts, or after match ends and says "Player wins") and 70% during the match, the overall speed won't say the truth. The truth is the speed when you fight your opponent.
In my recent upload I think its >90% in most time I fight so I hope this time you won't delete it.
Last edited by PP. on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by BBH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:33 am

If you can't get over 90% speed during gameplay, then either find a version of MAME it runs better in (unlikely), or... don't run the game at all. Did you run out of unplayed clone romsets?

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 am

BBH wrote:If you can't get over 90% speed during gameplay, then either find a version of MAME it runs better in (unlikely), or... don't run the game at all. Did you run out of unplayed clone romsets?
This is clone but parent is not yet emulated.

I have also some scores in parent romsets, why you haven't won them yet? :mrgreen:

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by BBH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:29 am

PP. wrote:I have also some scores in parent romsets, why you haven't won them yet? :mrgreen:
You mean parent romsets that became unplayed because the original scores got moved to a clone romset?
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/airduel
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/ltswords
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/othunder
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/phelios-eas
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/phelios-hrd
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/punchout

I'm sorry I haven't spent the time to beat every low effort score that gets uploaded, because I simply don't care about the leaderboard to the degree that you do. Remember those DD Crew 1st places you had though? Why haven't you beaten my scores back on any of those?

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by mahlemiut » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:21 am

PP. wrote:I found out how it goes 220. Happens if you set 10/10 frames via f11-f9 at that moment. You see, in that moment there is no move so speed is high.
In my recent upload I set 10/10 when match starts, so there is no more than 117 in the whole inp.
Frameskipping does not make MAME emulate anything faster than 100%. Changing frameskipping level may cause a minor fluctuation in speed, but it's not something that will last more than half a second (if that).
Not to mention that frameskipping will not have much impact on speed, the main speed drain on ST-V is the emulation of the tightly synced CPUs, and there is no skipping that.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:50 am

mahlemiut wrote: Frameskipping does not make MAME emulate anything faster than 100%. Changing frameskipping level may cause a minor fluctuation in speed, but it's not something that will last more than half a second (if that).
Not to mention that frameskipping will not have much impact on speed, the main speed drain on ST-V is the emulation of the tightly synced CPUs, and there is no skipping that.
Then this is something new for you. Frameskipping really does more than 100% in this game. Why don't you try it yourself?
Don't be so headstrong, try it!

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by PP. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 am

BBH wrote:
You mean parent romsets that became unplayed because the original scores got moved to a clone romset?
No I' m talking for normal parent romsets like bubbletr, dunkshot, glpracr3, hoops96, sliver, strhoop.
"Airduel" is a great score and you can't put it together with "ltswords" which I now started and has a funny score.
There are only a few unplayeds now. Did you really believe that most/all of my clone uploads were unplayed?

BBH wrote: I'm sorry I haven't spent the time to beat every low effort score that gets uploaded, because I simply don't care about the leaderboard to the degree that you do. Remember those DD Crew 1st places you had though? Why haven't you beaten my scores back on any of those?
Anyone could claim that can beat any game but he has no interest
The DD Crew games are not difficult case(same hit always) but needs much time. Right now I' m in competition with dozens of games and can't focus only to this.

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by Novice » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:35 am

BBH wrote:Why haven't you beaten my scores back on any of those?
Let P21 played.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

Locked