TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:Once more, most of his 219 inps are NOT cc.
As I stated previously, if the 144 recordings that are stated as being 1cc games is a correct total, then what part of 144 is most of 219 do you not get?

Or have you watched every single one of his recordings and noted down which ones are 1cc games. If you have, by all means provide that list of games and the actual total which are 1cc games. To not be most 1cc recordings there needs to be 109 or less 1cc games. Come back to me once you've watched all his recordings and have concrete evidence that negates the claimed total of 144 1cc games and then I'll listen some more. Until then, you either misunderstand the meaning of the word most or you are being deliberately antagonistic with this line of conversation.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

BeeJay wrote:
PP. wrote:All submissions in marp must be with one credit.
So, how many of Kale's 219 inps are finished games?...
Kale claimed that 144 of his games are 1cc which means for games that have a built in finish they were completed on 1 credit. I was just pointing at that, with the caveat that was indeed a correct total, that he was correct to claim that most of his games are 1cc and it was therefore wrong of you to try to state it was anything other than most.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
Search tool has an useful function: "description field contains".
You can search for any word in the description box, and get the count at the bottom of the page.
Of course being more than 100 hits you have to bump "maximum displayed hits" as well.
And it isn't even a novelty: tourneys are organized like that from a while, i.e. you have to add a K-something in your description box so that they can be queried for it.
Last edited by Kale on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote: As I stated previously, if the 144 recordings that are stated as being 1cc games is a correct total, then what part of 144 is most of 219 do you not get?
Or have you watched every single one of his recordings and noted down which ones are 1cc games. If you have, by all means provide that list of games and the actual total which are 1cc games. To not be most 1cc recordings there needs to be 109 or less 1cc games. Come back to me once you've watched all his recordings and have concrete evidence that negates the claimed total of 144 1cc games and then I'll listen some more. Until then, you either misunderstand the meaning of the word most or you are being deliberately antagonistic with this line of conversation.
Why not you watch all his recordings and get evidence of your claim?
If you want to be Kale's attorney, then try harder to convince me.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:Why not you watch all his recordings and get evidence of your claim?
If you want to be Kale's attorney, then try harder to convince me.
Because I'm not trying to discredit Kale's claim that most of his recordings are 1cc, you're the one trying to discredit that claim so the onus is on you.

Please note that I'm solely arguing here for the meaning of the word most, and your apparent unwillingness to accept that 144 is most of 219, not the veracity or otherwise of the numbers being used to do said calculation of most.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Kale wrote: What and why you hate the most Hisa, me or mahjongs? :P
For your info, seems like he still hasn't gotten over this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11051&hilit=camel
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote: Because I'm not trying to discredit Kale's claim that most of his recordings are 1cc, you're the one trying to discredit that claim so the onus is on you.
If I claim that earth is flat who needs to prove that its round? Me or others?

So you say that 144 of 219 Kale's inps are finished games? Titles before "game over"?
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:If I claim that earth is flat who needs to prove that its round? Me or others?
Nobody needs to prove that it is spherical because that is the currently accepted 'truth'. If you want to propound a different theory, you'd need to prove that the accepted understanding that it is spherical is wrong by either giving evidence or proof of flatness and/or evidence or proof that it can't be spherical.
PP. wrote:So you say that 144 of 219 Kale's inps are finished games? Titles before "game over"?
No, Kale claimed that not me. As I said, all I'm doing is countering your apparent lack of acceptance that 144 is most of 219, not the veracity or otherwise of said claim of 144 of his inps being 1cc games. If what you really mean is that you don't think he has 144 games that are 1cc games then you should be saying that more specifically, rather than saying most of his games are not 1cc games without offering other evidence to back that claim - such as watching all his 1cc games to confirm that the 144 total is correct, or not correct, and updating with your findings. Without offering anything, you simply appear to be unable to understanding the meaning of the term 'most' and that and only that is what I was trying to get across with my replies to this topic.

Finally, if the comment for a game claim's that it is a 1cc game, and I happen to be watching it to confirm, I would definitely be updating the comment to discount the 1cc status of the game when confirming the score. I imagine that most other confirmers would follow a similar process, so if a game has a comment that it is 1cc and it has been confirmed then it's highly likely it is indeed a 1cc game.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote: rather than saying most of his games are not 1cc games without offering other evidence to back that claim - such as watching all his 1cc games to confirm that the 144 total is correct, or not correct, and updating with your findings. Without offering anything, .....
And what do you offer? did you watch all his 1cc games?
Anyway this is not possible because he has used old non-wolf mames and strange versions which require 32-bit os.
BeeJay wrote: Finally, if the comment for a game claim's that it is a 1cc game, and I happen to be watching it to confirm, I would definitely be updating the comment to discount the 1cc status of the game when confirming the score. I imagine that most other confirmers would follow a similar process, so if a game has a comment that it is 1cc and it has been confirmed then it's highly likely it is indeed a 1cc game.
Don't forget what you said in another thread, confirmers usually only check if playback works to the claimed score.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote: And what do you offer? did you watch all his 1cc games?
Anyway this is not possible because he has used old non-wolf mames and strange versions which require 32-bit os.
Oh my god, you need to stop it with this garbage.

If you have a problem with Kale claiming that 144 of his 219 recordings are 1CC's, then yes, *YOU* need to prove it otherwise, because if you're going to make accusations like that towards a long-standing member of this site, then you need to have some sort of foundation on which to stake that claim.. Nobody is going to take the time to watch all of his recordings right now for the sake of satisfying you, because even if someone was to spend many hours proving that every recording was a 1CC, you'd just make some cop-out reply like "Well I never technically said that his recordings weren't 1CC's" even though that's exactly what you're implying.

I've watched many of Kale's recordings, they playback to what they're supposed to playback to, and the scores he claimed were 1CC's were 1CC's. He's proven his skill and knowledge many times over, so I have no qualms taking his word at face value. So why do you have such a problem with this? What would he stand to gain by lying in the description of replays that anybody can view?

Instead of rushing to hit the reply button on this post, I challenge you to start downloading his replays and figuring out which ones aren't 1CC's. No rush, take your time.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote: If you have a problem with Kale claiming that 144 of his 219 recordings are 1CC's, then yes, *YOU* need to prove it otherwise, because if you're going to make accusations like that towards a long-standing member of this site, then you need to have some sort of foundation on which to stake that claim.. Nobody is going to take the time to watch all of his recordings right now for the sake of satisfying you,
I don't have any problem, and of course I'm not asking from anyone to take time and satisfy me, I'm not going to take that time either. Besides there are so many non-wolf mames and mames which require 32-bit os. Accusations? He's accusing me for using exploits in games to fix speed... And how could I trust someone who call "crap players" so many people?
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

PP. wrote:And how could I trust someone who call "crap players" so many people?
DEFCON=7

anyone except banned pac are better player than
you as everyone know.

study first.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Novice wrote:
anyone except banned pac are better player than
you as everyone know.

study first.

We don't talk about better or worse players in general, but for specific scores.
If all my scores exept one are crap as Kale said, then this means that all those scores I beat are crap too.
Novice

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=7

if you do not want to be called it, then make a better replay.period.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Novice wrote:
if you do not want to be called it, then make a better replay.period.
Better replay of what? You sound confused.
Do you agree that the players which I beat are crap scorers?
Novice

Post by Novice »

PP. wrote: Better replay of what? You sound confused.
Do you agree that the players which I beat are crap scorers?
DEFCON=7

if you do not try better replay , then you must accept their opinion.
because you are worthless player now.

it is common evaluation of the universe. period.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE