TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: TK2012 & PP - ffreveng

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:Don't forget I went 7th in the leaderboard within 1 month.
... and you honestly think you can do that legitimately without uploading what are truly crap scores on numerous games, in many cases played just long enough to get a score to submit solely to try and climb that useless and pointless leader board page on Marp. Would you really have submitted all those games if that stupid page didn't encourage this type of behaviour.... and you think we shouldn't call them the crap scores that they are because that's insulting the person?!?

No way mate, you brought this on yourself by submitting so many crap scores in the first place and if you're insulted when people point this out you have nobody to blame but yourself because lots of them are truly crap scores with absolutely no effort put in prior to submitting... and please don't try to justify after the fact by pointing out some games where you either already knew the game or actually put more effort in, I really don't give a toss anymore as the above comment clearly indicates your intent with these scores was purely to artificially climb up the leaderboard..... and please, oh please, don't give us any more crap that others are doing it so why shouldn't you.... you're just making a bad problem even worse because we don't like it when any of the others pull that same stunt either!

BeeJay.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote:
PP. wrote:Don't forget I went 7th in the leaderboard within 1 month.
... and you honestly think you can do that legitimately without uploading what are truly crap scores on numerous games, in many cases played just long enough to get a score to submit solely to try and climb that useless and pointless leader board page on Marp. Would you really have submitted all those games if that stupid page didn't encourage this type of behaviour.... and you think we shouldn't call them the crap scores that they are because that's insulting the person?!?
What's so big deal? After a while those "crap scores" became the subject of hard competitions.
BeeJay wrote: and please, oh please, don't give us any more crap that others are doing it so why shouldn't you....
and please, oh please, stop the crap talking...
Ok we heard your opinion, no need to repeat it all the time, its boring.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

PP. wrote: No I' m talking for normal parent romsets like bubbletr, dunkshot, glpracr3, hoops96, sliver, strhoop.
For dunkshot (or clones), I've uploaded something : let see if you can take 1st again (I've put a real effort in this game).

Concerning strhoop, I'm very surprised. I've played the game by the past, and as far as I remember this 1004 hiscore was the property of TK, then was deleted (by him I suppose).
It looks like you've reupload it under your account.
Can you explain why the upload date is 2014, but the inp date is 2007 ?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Phil Lamat wrote: Concerning strhoop, I'm very surprised. I've played the game by the past, and as far as I remember this 1004 hiscore was the property of TK, then was deleted (by him I suppose).
It looks like you've reupload it under your account.
Can you explain why the upload date is 2014, but the inp date is 2007 ?
My friend, as you know all TK's scores of 2007 were deleted after his wish.
His 2007 score was 992 and the inp still exists, if you want to see it.
My game of 1004 is from 2007 too, and I re-uploaded it.
Check marp's "Confirms" page ---> http://replay.marpirc.net/confirm/2007.htm

Phil Lamat wrote: For dunkshot (or clones), I've uploaded something : let see if you can take 1st again (I've put a real effort in this game).
I think dunkshots designed to be played with a trackball.
I don't have any, and I couldn't figure out how to play it with a joystick. So I used keys.
Did you use trackball or joystick?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

No trackball, only keyboard.
A link to TK's inp ?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Phil Lamat wrote:No trackball, only keyboard.
A link to TK's inp ?
Ok, as soon as I set joy I 'll try to beat your "dunkshot".
Meanwhile, you try beat my "strhoop"...

Get the 992 inp from here --> http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=272 ... 8014350179
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:I saw you made a hiscore in "bubbletr", why not in "bubbletrj" too?
Because all I wanted to do was prove how low-effort the 1st place score you were so proud of was? It's an easy game with only 5 stages but you didn't even bother playing past stage 2. You could have tried again but hey if it's good enough for 1st place, why bother!
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote: Because all I wanted to do was prove how low-effort the 1st place score you were so proud of was? It's an easy game with only 5 stages but you didn't even bother playing past stage 2. You could have tried again but hey if it's good enough for 1st place, why bother!
Proud? how a funny score of 87 can be proud? I just took some random parent roms of first place because you asked it(I though "bubbletr" was a kind of Bubble Bobble)...
Yes, why bother if not anyone else try? Saulon didn't.

Do you use a light gun? I tried for an hour but can't pass stage 4.
Fire is continuum but after some seconds stops(no reload indication) and I wonder if this is a bug.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:
BBH wrote: Because all I wanted to do was prove how low-effort the 1st place score you were so proud of was? It's an easy game with only 5 stages but you didn't even bother playing past stage 2. You could have tried again but hey if it's good enough for 1st place, why bother!
Proud? how a funny score of 87 can be proud? I just took some random parent roms of first place because you asked it(I though "bubbletr" was a kind of Bubble Bobble)...
Yes, why bother if not anyone else try? Saulon didn't.

Do you use a light gun? I tried for an hour but can't pass stage 4.
Fire is continuum but after some seconds stops(no reload indication) and I wonder if this is a bug.
You specifically mentioned bubbletr as being a game where you took 1st on a parent romset, even though it was another instance where the original romset became a clone (look at the upload dates on bubbletrj).

No I didn't use a light gun, I used the mouse. Yes the game's built-in autofire only works for a certain amount of shots so you just have to remember to release and repress the button every few seconds.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

PP. wrote: Get the 992 inp from here --> http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=272 ... 8014350179
"File was deleted from server"
Can you attach it here ?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote: You specifically mentioned bubbletr as being a game where you took 1st on a parent romset,
As I said, I just took some random parent roms of first place.

I see you already got first place in Air Duel. Apparently you are too good in this kind of games(shoot em ups).
But in other categories, like mazes or sports or racings you are not.
And because most of mame's games are shoot em ups, you are so lucky :D

Phil Lamat wrote: "File was deleted from server"
Can you attach it here ?
Sorry I thought you got it and after a couple of hours I deleted it.
Here is again --> http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=796 ... 3508742649
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote: I see you already got first place in Air Duel. Apparently you are too good in this kind of games(shoot em ups).
But in other categories, like mazes or sports or racings you are not.
And because most of mame's games are shoot em ups, you are so lucky :D
...what an amazingly backhanded compliment. Nice trolling attempt.

I don't know why you would be so surprised about Air Duel considering I had an old 574k score on the other romset, which was originally the parent romset.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote: ...what an amazingly backhanded compliment. Nice trolling attempt.
But its the truth. You don't like to hear it?

BBH wrote: I don't know why you would be so surprised about Air Duel considering I had an old 574k score on the other romset, which was originally the parent romset.
Did I say I' m surprised? I knew it that you are a grant master in such games.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:
BBH wrote: ...what an amazingly backhanded compliment. Nice trolling attempt.
But its the truth. You don't like to hear it?
Do you honestly believe that I'm not good at ANY racing, maze, or sports games? Is this what you're seriously saying?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote: Do you honestly believe that I'm not good at ANY racing, maze, or sports games? Is this what you're seriously saying?

Not as good as in shoot em ups (I didn't say "not at any").
Most of your first places are shoot em ups, right? This is your main category.