Vaz - dsaber -32040

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: Vaz - dsaber -32040

Post by PP. »

giro-X wrote: Dah, not even the fun of seeing you become the new 1st ranked in the leaderboard? Naah I'm so disappointed :(
I m pretty sure you 'll get past it!
but that your scores were a fast thing
Yes of course, how else would I get 7th place in a few weeks time?
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

PP. wrote:
giro-X wrote:but that your scores were a fast thing
Oh wow, you admitted this. =D>
My job here is done. This comment alone, and the whole conversation, speaks for itself.
Have a nice day~
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

giro-X wrote:
PP. wrote:
giro-X wrote:but that your scores were a fast thing
Oh wow, you admitted this. =D>
What do you mean? I didn't keep any secret.

You sound like I did someting bad... Should I feel guilty? :lol:
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

You know, until one talks, it's not clear to understand what their goals are. I couldn't tell if you were being serious, or if it was leaderboard climbing as predicted.
But you finally admitted it: you wanted a high rank in the leaderboard. Hell yeah, awesome, good for you dude. Cause you made it to a high position and nobody (except a few known cases) cares enough to bring you down, because we have our own lives!
Opening competition into games without scores... sure sure, and I even listened to you.

Guys, I don't really have much else to say, you have a brain on your own to understand what has been said, don't you? After much typing I deserve to spend some quality time in another manner tonight, I'll answer tomorrow if there's anything I really have to answer to.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

You say "I admit it" like I had it as a secret. No need to be genius to understand the goal of massive first place uploads in a few weeks time.
Ok you dont care for the leaderboard, but most of gamers do. If you have "your own life" then live it as you want, but let others live their.
What do you mean "without scores"? Even today, me, Vaz and Simpsons99 fight each other without scores?
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

PP. wrote:You say "I admit it" like I had it as a secret. No need to be genius to understand the goal of massive first place uploads in a few weeks time.
Ok you dont care for the leaderboard, but most of gamers do. If you have "your own life" then live it as you want, but let others live their.
What do you mean "without scores"? Even today, me, Vaz and Simpsons99 fight each other without scores?

Yes and people hated me for doing this kind of thing in 2013 PP .
They clashed with me and all I was doing is having fun and playing games .
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

So that you are concerned with what Brian said some days ago viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16006
simpsons99 wrote:First up when I first saw PP Scores . I thought he is a new player give him scores to beat . But he kept submitting these low scores on games that never been played before . seems as he was hunting for them ..

What really got under my skin was his first scores are super low . someone beats his scores he ups them a little bit . Just to take the first place back again.. When he starts doing this on 30 or more games becomes a complete waste of time .
Also, this time for BBH, same topic
BBH wrote:It might feel harsh to label scores as "bad", but you can't deny the level of effort in some of these PP scores. Come on, 1500 on Fighter's History? That literally means he did nothing but land a few hits and then lose the 1st stage without winning a round. 1500 may be a higher score than 0, but how can one be proud of that and feel this is worth going to the trouble to upload? Couldn't take the time to try again or maybe learn the game a little better? I guess not, since there's more unplayed romsets to find...

Of course I've always felt the same way about gambling (and to a lesser extent, mahjong) games. Whenever someone floods the latest uploads with those scores, it's basically pushing down other scores from the newest list, pushing down recordings that probably took more effort to make and are no doubt more interesting to watch. I mean, is there ANYONE that's seen a recording uploaded for some random gambling game and thought "I'm interested in downloading and watching this"? I never have. All this over the need to chase after a ranking on a flawed leaderboard system.
And it is flawed for real. Starting from the simple fact that only first scores matters and all the rest from 2nd to any below is considered as rubbish.
simpsons99 wrote:Yes that's the problem I have with PP Scores .. He is not even trying .. I always tried to get the best score I could . I would submit a score and then continue to play the game and try to better my score .
PP player just moves on to the next Game that has no scores on it.
I really think he does not even play the games the first time he submits a score on them.
Brian, I talk for myself when I say I don't hate you and didn't hate you for when you submit quick scores. I may not approve the spirit, but I don't hate you; and still we know we have examples of good replays coming from your hands, meaning you are capable of things.
It is true that someone didn't like you in the past (and perhaps still doesn't) but personally I don't think it's just for submitting low scores, there must be other reasons maybe related to behaviour, and you know them better than I do and sincerely I don't want to start researches to try to explain this. I just want to point out that in this whole discussion there is no room for hate. I'm not hating PP or anyone uploading cheap stuff, I just disapprove. I'm not here to hate, I'm here to see and record good replays.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I just want everyone to be treated the same way around here .

TY giro-X for your post .

I feel like I have earned my place on the Leader Board . Some players have went out of there way to knock me down by beating my lower scores .

I love that every rom set is different and there can be first places for that game . I have always tried to learn different games by watching recordings by the upper players for those games and try to improve my score .

Now if he is just a new player and enjoying playing all these games .. That's just great . But if you can really get a higher score on these games please do so.
giro-X wrote:So that you are concerned with what Brian said some days ago viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16006
simpsons99 wrote:First up when I first saw PP Scores . I thought he is a new player give him scores to beat . But he kept submitting these low scores on games that never been played before . seems as he was hunting for them ..

What really got under my skin was his first scores are super low . someone beats his scores he ups them a little bit . Just to take the first place back again.. When he starts doing this on 30 or more games becomes a complete waste of time .
Also, this time for BBH, same topic
BBH wrote:It might feel harsh to label scores as "bad", but you can't deny the level of effort in some of these PP scores. Come on, 1500 on Fighter's History? That literally means he did nothing but land a few hits and then lose the 1st stage without winning a round. 1500 may be a higher score than 0, but how can one be proud of that and feel this is worth going to the trouble to upload? Couldn't take the time to try again or maybe learn the game a little better? I guess not, since there's more unplayed romsets to find...

Of course I've always felt the same way about gambling (and to a lesser extent, mahjong) games. Whenever someone floods the latest uploads with those scores, it's basically pushing down other scores from the newest list, pushing down recordings that probably took more effort to make and are no doubt more interesting to watch. I mean, is there ANYONE that's seen a recording uploaded for some random gambling game and thought "I'm interested in downloading and watching this"? I never have. All this over the need to chase after a ranking on a flawed leaderboard system.
And it is flawed for real. Starting from the simple fact that only first scores matters and all the rest from 2nd to any below is considered as rubbish.
simpsons99 wrote:Yes that's the problem I have with PP Scores .. He is not even trying .. I always tried to get the best score I could . I would submit a score and then continue to play the game and try to better my score .
PP player just moves on to the next Game that has no scores on it.
I really think he does not even play the games the first time he submits a score on them.
Brian, I talk for myself when I say I don't hate you and didn't hate you for when you submit quick scores. I may not approve the spirit, but I don't hate you; and still we know we have examples of good replays coming from your hands, meaning you are capable of things.
It is true that someone didn't like you in the past (and perhaps still doesn't) but personally I don't think it's just for submitting low scores, there must be other reasons maybe related to behaviour, and you know them better than I do and sincerely I don't want to start researches to try to explain this. I just want to point out that in this whole discussion there is no room for hate. I'm not hating PP or anyone uploading cheap stuff, I just disapprove. I'm not here to hate, I'm here to see and record good replays.
Arcade Game Scores
pat33999
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by pat33999 »

I leave out Street Hoop, cause obviously is world record
TK2012 is my friend
Uh oh, now we know who PP really is. He always gives away his identity by making the same mistakes, every time. TK is always his own best friend, and he just can't resist mentioning his biggest obsession, Street Hoop.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Can we now return ontopic?
After so man days and the dsaber 5900k upload is still there tagged as 32040....
But you deleted immediately those 3 wrong mahjong games of mine.

I 'm dying to see how can someone beat that first stage boss. I tried with save states, I cannot! Only with invisibility I can go through.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

PP. wrote:Can we now return ontopic?
After so man days and the dsaber 5900k upload is still there tagged as 32040....
But you deleted immediately those 3 wrong mahjong games of mine.

I 'm dying to see how can someone beat that first stage boss. I tried with save states, I cannot! Only with invisibility I can go through.

you seem to be avoiding what has been brought up here .

I was confronted about this a few weeks ago when I removed my scores .

Your question here has been answered clearly .
Arcade Game Scores
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Meanwhile Vaz used autofire in "Storm Blade (Japan)"...
[http://replay.marpirc.net/r/stmbladej]

That makes an unfair competition. Who knows how many times he has done the same.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

To be clear, Vaz appears to have the Rapid Fire option enabled (although it doesn't seem to show when viewing DIP switches), but he's holding the button down, and it fires rapidly, which does not happen by default.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Its obvious he autofires because shooting is in a pulse, when not shoots normally.

We need Vaz to tell us if he has done this in other of his shoot 'em-up games as well.
Vaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Vaz »

What the fuck? I used the built-in cheat, as described by Novice here: viewtopic.php?p=13638#p13638

It's been allowed for 14 years, if now it's banned please add a special rule.

PP, you butthurt?

BTW, my dsaber inp stops working at the end of stage 1. The same problem occurs with wolfmame173 as well. You can zero it, sorry (I just took a glance til halfway of stage 1 to see if it worked).
http://www.vazcomics.org/mamend/ -- MamEnd: when the end is just the beginning...