Vaz - dsaber -32040

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Vaz - dsaber -32040

Post by mahlemiut »

Like I rememer 14 years ago... :) But that does now make sense.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

If this cheat is allowed then should be added in special rules. Because its not fair some people hit the fire button like crazy and some other use autofire.
In which games autofire is free?

By the way, where are the older mame versions? If you click on "get MAME" its not working any more.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Any time a game has an autofire feature or option that is enabled by default. MAME's own autofire feature or a joystick autofire is not allowed at any time, period.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

This game has a special technique for autofire, which was discussed in that topic. That's what I m asking about. Which games have something similar?
And how gamers could know about if its not written in special rules?
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

PP. wrote:And how gamers could know about if its not written in special rules?
It's called "play it out on your own and discover its secrets" or "learn to seek for information".
"Special rules" are conventions of this site for specific games that require a particular score system, or have a banned technique (for submission on this site), or tell you from which version of MAME the emulation of the game is correct. We don't have to tell you how to play a game at its best. :wink:
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

giro-X wrote:
PP. wrote:And how gamers could know about if its not written in special rules?
It's called "play it out on your own and discover its secrets" or "learn to seek for information".
Seeking for information would take away from the 2 minutes it takes to play an unplayed romset for that easy 1st place though.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

giro-X wrote: It's called "play it out on your own and discover its secrets" or "learn to seek for information".
"Special rules" are conventions of this site for specific games that require a particular score system, or have a banned technique (for submission on this site), or tell you from which version of MAME the emulation of the game is correct. We don't have to tell you how to play a game at its best. :wink:
Yes, but when a trick is allowed usually is written in special rules, for examble in outrun its written that the gear trick is free to use.

BBH wrote:
Seeking for information would take away from the 2 minutes it takes to play an unplayed romset for that easy 1st place though.
You 'll seek for Information if you now that there are some.

The "easy 1st place" will also be easy for someone else to take it for himself, as usually happens.
You boys sound like you hate the unplayed roms. You prefer to remain unplayed and forgotten(or make a super score in them).
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

PP. wrote:You boys sound like you hate the unplayed roms. You prefer to remain unplayed and forgotten(or make a super score in them).
They will not be forgotten thanks to the hard work and dedication of people that dump the roms, emulate them in MAME, or contribute in many other ways to the MAME project.
I don't see how a poor replay would help the game to not be forgotten.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

MJS wrote: They will not be forgotten thanks to the hard work and dedication of people that dump the roms, emulate them in MAME, or contribute in many other ways to the MAME project.
I don't see how a poor replay would help the game to not be forgotten.
You recognize their efforts and the hard work, but you dislike it when someone play and upload those roms?
A played rom with any score is better than a zero score.
And if you find poor a replay, then try yourself to go it higher.

Vaz wrote: BTW, my dsaber inp stops working at the end of stage 1. The same problem occurs with wolfmame173 as well. You can zero it, sorry (I just took a glance til halfway of stage 1 to see if it worked).
After a week and still your inp is there tagged as 32040, but anyway, can you upload another inp? I 'd like to see how you beat that eye-monster, because I cant even with savestates.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

pat33999 wrote:
I leave out Street Hoop, cause obviously is world record
TK2012 is my friend
Uh oh, now we know who PP really is. He always gives away his identity by making the same mistakes, every time. TK is always his own best friend, and he just can't resist mentioning his biggest obsession, Street Hoop.
I remember the discussion about the "WR" in Street Hoop by TK2007/2012/2099.... him believed to be the king of the world in this game with a ridiculous 260+ pts when the real WR is 150 in Dunk Dream (the jap version have one match time only instead of 2 match time), which corresponds theoretically 300 points.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

GHEMANT wrote: I remember the discussion about the "WR" in Street Hoop by TK2007/2012/2099.... him believed to be the king of the world in this game with a ridiculous 260+ pts when the real WR is 150 in Dunk Dream (the jap version have one match time only instead of 2 match time), which corresponds theoretically 300 points.
What??! 8O
What is the strhoop record?
300 points is a joke for me.

Never heard about Dunk Dream. Thanks for the info anyway, I 'll try it.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

this is a complete train wreck here . What happened with the storm Blade game.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
GJTMarper
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by GJTMarper »

Chad/Skito is supposed to be the mod in charge of this board, but I don't think he's been active lately. So unless you can convince another mod to lock or clean up the topic, we're stuck with all this. (shrug)
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Tar just uploaded an inp of dsaber (the zip files says 76290 points) tagged as 37290 points, but the replay shows just 6600. Looks like a bad game because he doesn't even use the secondary fire.
So we have 2 wrong inps so far.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

seems like the game has recording problems . nothing fishy he did. I bet those are not even the right moments he did while playing.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?