Phil Lamat - bsuerte (various) - 1,280

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Phil Lamat - bsuerte (various) - 1,280

Post by bmclean »

Something unusual is going on here. For several romsets of this game (bsuertei, bsuerteid, bsuertec, bsuerteb), the player is dealt the exact same hand (6s, 3s, 9c, 8c, Qs) and the unusual hold of 9c 8c Qs is made. The straight fills up on all romsets, and then 8 doubles are made correctly in succession to bring the win to 1,280 credits. The double-up cards are different in each romset, as are the correct decisions. It is not impossible to get 8 double-ups but unlikely (1 in 256). I tried reproducing the starting hand in any romset and was unable to. Phil, I was hoping you could help explain how this is possible?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: Phil Lamat - bsuerte (various) - 1,280

Post by Phil Lamat »

That's a long time ago (7 years) but as far as I remember there were some sequences(for example : big-big-small-small-small-big ...etc) that were working sometimes, not consistantly but enough to manage such series in the double-up screen (at least to take a good start, rest is luck)