Amarauma - hsf2 - 1,468,400

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Amarauma - hsf2 - 1,468,400

Post by bmclean »

Plays back to the correct score on hardest difficulty but also changes the speed settings in the service menu to Turbo 0 which is normally not a selectable option (default is Free Select, which allows Turbo 1 through Turbo 3).
amarauma
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Amarauma - hsf2 - 1,468,400

Post by amarauma »

Sorry guy, but i don't see a special rule to this game. Where are the rules?
i hate high speeds, thanks god that in newest streets, the speed select is gone....
bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by bmclean »

MARP Rule 2j:

"Recording submissions must be recorded with that particular ROMset's defaults or TG (Twin Galaxies) settings. A recording set at easier or different settings is subject to deletion, especially if it is higher than others at more difficult settings. Recording on TG settings, which are the official arcade game settings, is preferred, and will gain your scores further notice from your fellow players."

You may view these rules here: http://replay.marpirc.net/rules/

I checked TG but could not find any rules on their site for this particular game, so I have to assume that settings must be default. The decision belongs to the editors, but this is slower than default.
amarauma
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by amarauma »

Then i must play in default dificulty too?
amarauma
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by amarauma »

I don't be against rules. Rules are necessary. but have rules that i dont understand the reason they exists. Why people don't can choose the velocity they like? it dont have any influence on points. Its a question of like.
The turbo 0 are there. For anyone. Its not necessary cheat or anything.
Its nonsense can't select this.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

We generally allow harder settings. Turbo 0 is not an option available on the default free select, so this can be seen as using easier than default settings. If you set it to Turbo 1, 2 or 3 in the settings menu, then there would likely be no further issue.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by bmclean »

This needs editor attention to determine whether we allow Turbo 0 or not on this romset. The question is whether allowing a slower, non-default speed makes the game easier.
amarauma
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by amarauma »

Velocity don't turn the game more dificulty. Is only a question of like. See, i make more points in turbo 1, but i dont like high speeds. I just take the way.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I agree with Brian & Barry, turbo 0 is not default and makes it easier, it is disallowed.
But your new score of 1615800 seems ok, and that solves the problem.
Thanks for your effort