About Street Hoop scores

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:From now on if I accept new insults I ll answer same way. Are there any moderators or it is a jungle?
You seriously think any moderators on this site are going to take your side, in the same post where you slam Zhorik as having a "low iq"? Ahahaha wow, you're a funny guy.

No point in responding to the rest of this as it's like talking to a brick wall.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

I dont want take my side. Just to keep a respectable level.

How would u judge someone's iq who wasted so much time in order to write in details how to use internet explorer for pointless purpose?
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

tk2007 wrote:I dont want take my side. Just to keep a respectabl level.

How would u judge someone's iq who wasted so much time in order to write in details how to use internet explorer for pointless purpose?
The purpose of those IE instructions was most definitely not pointless!!
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

What was the purpose :?:
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I don't think anyone mentioned this relevant issue, listen up tk2007:

Sometimes, or quite often, you just cannot playback a recording that other people can. Even if you are doing everything right when trying to get a recording to playback.
This is because people have different kind of computers, operating systems, memory etc.

That is why we have the 3 strike rule, if 3 people can not playback a recording then we see it as a hopeless cause.
If one person, added to the person who recorded inp, CAN playback the recording...then we know that player DID make this score and it's ok. The playbackability is then proven when it's confirmed, even only by one player.

If it's only the player who made the inp who can playback the recording we obviously do not confirm the score. You can not confirm your own scores.

There are some recordings that playback for around 50% or less people. Quite often when player uses analog joystick, recording might only playback to a very small percentage of people. Some MAME games might not playback at all, luckily only a small percentage.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:No point in responding to the rest of this as it's like talking to a brick wall.
That's the clue train, folks.

All abooooooooooard!
John Cunningham (JTC)
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Ok ok, so u tell me that maybe its fatal that I cannot see it.

Is there any other way to see it as a video, a mpeg file or something?
Its not that I dont believe u, its just that I want to see it...I want to see how the gamer achieved such score and maybe learn from it

So, could some1 play this playback in his machine, record it as video file and upload it to RapidShare? :wink:
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Plays back fine for me as well..... I suspect it will for you as well once you correct the filename for the inp file on your playback command line, or rename the file from strhoop_994.inp to strhoop.inp before attempting the playback.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Yes, thats it! :D :D

Thanks.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

ugh, all this was my fault. I sent -playback strhoop in the pm and not -playback_994. I wonder if now some1 understands why we don't delete/zero recordings because one person says they are fake. The playback process can get complex enough where it takes a few people to recognize what's really going on.

http://marp.retrogames.com/r/strhoop
-skito
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Chad wrote:ugh, all this was my fault. I sent -playback strhoop in the pm and not -playback_994.
or even -playback strhoop_994 :wink:
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Actually, he wrote about... strhoops :mrgreen: :P

Well I saw this game, that player didnt make something special but was too lucky (26-8 in 3rd game where opponent team couldnot make a basket...). Of course he tried 1000 times before make 994.
I can get more than 975(2nd place) but 994 is extremely difficult.

Street Hoop is the best Mame's basketball, do u know any similar?

PS. If some1 can answer me, is there any way to make a playback as a mpeg or avi or etc. file?
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

The TJT wrote:That is why we have the 3 strike rule, if 3 people can not playback a recording then we see it as a hopeless cause.
If one person, added to the person who recorded inp, CAN playback the recording...then we know that player DID make this score and it's ok. The playbackability is then proven when it's confirmed, even only by one player.
yes, I was going to add that....you need 3 strikes with NO ONE able to lay it back successfully.

I can't believe it ended up just being he was specifying the wrong inp filename. The command line will display on tgmame quitting that the file could not be opened or found.

I get that all the time still with 116 cuz I always forget for this version you have to put the .inp at the end of the filename in the line. :P

yeah, those older versions...best to rename the inp file as needed to whatever the rom set name is. not sure if 0.70 is that way but older version had the 8.3 requirement so you could not playback something named mspac_playtokill.inp cuz that is doesn't follow the 8.3
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

I lost my score!!

Post by tk2007 »

Yesterday I made 978 in Street Hoop. This means the 2nd place.

I saw the playback and verified and all was ok.
Today I tried to upload it but... I didnt find it! I run playback of the last modyfied .inp file in the list but played only 2-3 seconds... :?

Then I thought to delete those nvram & memcard files...After that the size of the .inp file was shrunked! And of course didnt play :cry:

Its the first and only time I have such problem so far. Can u tell me what bad happened and if/how can I get my .inp file back?
Last edited by tk2007 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

No way for playback your inp if nvram was used.

For future:
1. delete NVRAM folder
2. create 'nvram' file (with no extension)
If you will do it NVRAM will be no more problem.

The same for MEMCARD.