kof99

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

kof99

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/0/b/6/kr ... wolf81.zip
http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... lines=9999

with sound bao is first opponent, jung wins but in a desynched way, then kensou kicks some a. with out sound mai is first opponent and beats jhun, either way it's all zeros.
-skito
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: kof99

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Chad wrote:with sound bao is first opponent, jung wins but in a desynched way, then kensou kicks some a. with out sound mai is first opponent and beats jhun, either way it's all zeros.
I beg your pardon? Bao?? Xiangfei is the first person I fought. It also played back perfectly on my end, so here's my stats to perhaps aid.

P4 2.8Ghz
1 Gig DDR400 Ram
Windows XP Pro SP1
Sound On
FSKP 0
Bios: US MVS [Ver. 1]
CFG File: None
NVRam: None

YES IT IS A BIOS ISSUE!

I just tried it with [US Ver. 2] and I got Mai as the first character! [I'm using the Mame Plus NeoGeo Bios btw]

We have to make this as an annoucement, as I can see issues rotating around this. Try using Ver 1 and let me know. I will edit the score msg to reflect this as well.

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The default BIOS (-bios 0) should ALWAYS be used. We had enough fun with the different regions in Neo Drift Out. At the very least mention which BIOS you use in your description (I presume you didn't, I haven't looked).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

mahlemiut wrote:The default BIOS (-bios 0) should ALWAYS be used. We had enough fun with the different regions in Neo Drift Out. At the very least mention which BIOS you use in your description (I presume you didn't, I haven't looked).
Okies... um... what's default bios? [twitch] I use WolfmamePlus32... so clarification will be of much helpfullness. I also changed my info on the recording to reflect this bios] Sorry for problems :(

Kelly
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I'm pretty sure that it's a Europe BIOS... not sure of the exact description. Just set 'bios' to 0 in mame.ini.
- Barry Rodewald
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

mahlemiut wrote:I'm pretty sure that it's a Europe BIOS... not sure of the exact description. Just set 'bios' to 0 in mame.ini.

Well I just changed it to 0 on ame.ini .... nothing changed under the bios settings... so we'll see what happens now.

Kelly
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

thanks for actually posting the bios value you had in your mame.ini before you changed it to 0 (not), works -bios 1 and -bios 2 starts with mai, with -bios 3 it works, which i guess is the US MVS bios option value.
-skito
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Chad wrote:thanks for actually posting the bios value you had in your mame.ini before you changed it to 0 (not), works -bios 1 and -bios 2 starts with mai, with -bios 3 it works, which i guess is the US MVS bios option value.
Actually... it's kinda funny... when I went into the INI, [before I was informed that it could be changed in there] this was the exact line.

Bios=Default

no numbers whatsoever... kinda confused the crap out of me really, as I figured there'd be a number instead of the word. I don't know if the 0 option is going to work though.. as it doesn't seem to change the bios option in the GUI... or as long as I have it set to 0 in the INI file, it won't matter?

I mean there were a LOT of diff Bios settings in the GUI as well, so I'm curious as to what Bios 0 is...

Kelly
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Code: Select all

SYSTEM_BIOS_ADD( 0, "euro",       "Europe MVS (Ver. 2)" )
SYSTEM_BIOS_ADD( 1, "euro-s1",    "Europe MVS (Ver. 1)" )
SYSTEM_BIOS_ADD( 2, "us",         "US MVS (Ver. 2?)" )
SYSTEM_BIOS_ADD( 3, "us-e",       "US MVS (Ver. 1)" )
SYSTEM_BIOS_ADD( 4, "asia",       "Asia MVS (Ver. 3)" )
SYSTEM_BIOS_ADD( 5, "japan",      "Japan MVS (Ver. 3)" )
SYSTEM_BIOS_ADD( 6, "japan-s2",   "Japan MVS (Ver. 2)" )
- Barry Rodewald