T15 - Submissions (for forum), scoreboard, etc.

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: T15 - Submissions (for forum), scoreboard, etc.

Post by giro-X »

Cicca wrote:
giro-X wrote: On the other side, I believe the best strategy would be to focus on one or two games at a time, instead of trying to submit for all the 6 of them together at any time: you start with easier games, and leave for last those where you need more training.
That's what I actually thought when the "6 games / 6 weeks" formula were voted.....I mean...I expected to see a game revealed each week....this together with the multiplier idea in calculating scores whould have had more sense....players have to concentrate in one game only as it goes out, although they may still submit scores in the following weeks...
Hope this one falls in the "Constructive criticism" category as well.... :wink:
Although, revealing one every week like you said, would mean a game gets played 6 weeks, one 5 weeks, etc. and one for a week only. And then, with which criterium we decide which game should get more dedication?
Not sure it would work.
Besides, let's take this big experiment as a lesson that sometimes common methods are better.
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Not complaining at all. I love the formula with all scores awarding points based on the % to first place. This means you dont necessarily have to beat a score but can at least compete with top scores and still be awarded appropriate points based on your performance. Doing a great job. Just my thoughts from a player's perspective.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Dax wrote:Not complaining at all. I love the formula with all scores awarding points based on the % to first place. This means you dont necessarily have to beat a score but can at least compete with top scores and still be awarded appropriate points based on your performance. Doing a great job. Just my thoughts from a player's perspective.
Me neither I'm complaining...the % scoring system is fine (in the far past, I encouraged an alternative leaderboard, based on a similar scoring system)....just trying to give suggestions.... ;-)
giro-X wrote:Although, revealing one every week like you said, would mean a game gets played 6 weeks, one 5 weeks, etc. and one for a week only. And then, with which criterium we decide which game should get more dedication?
Not sure it would work.
Besides, let's take this big experiment as a lesson that sometimes common methods are better.
Good point, Luke....do you think a game per week (keeping somehow the multiplier scoring system) would work better ...?!
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

I hope the timestamp is ok this time..... :roll:
lrescue: 22760
shangon: 5628380
Attachments
shangon_5628380.zip
(126.03 KiB) Downloaded 1499 times
lrescue_22760.zip
(390.44 KiB) Downloaded 1478 times
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

I completely forgot to update scores table today. Oh well.
Yes Cicca, I opened one now, just to make sure, and it seems fine to me. Tomorrow I'll update everything.

And no worries guys, I listen to every suggestion and similar :)
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Entering 3rd week, bonus multiplier will decrease to 8% for new scores.
I'll be updating the ranking tomorrow (sleepy) with Sawys's scores, which still fell on 2nd week, both +16% then.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Skipped some days of uploads, but now I'm here, recovering all the data.
Reminder: tomorrow the bonus percentages for new records will be nullified, and we're half of tournament passed.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Played and recorded less than one hour ago....
Attachments
blocken_106480.zip
(121.86 KiB) Downloaded 1466 times
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

One week left.

Said without enthusiasm at all since we didn't even touch the 10 total players, but eh whatever. We know why this happens.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Tournament is over!
Let's actually say it has been practically over since 2-3 weeks, but now it is for real.

The winner is Sawys with 400.48 TP (well done!)
Second place by Dax with 392.24 TP (so close!)

These are the only two players who submitted scores for all games, which is a quite sad result, though thank you for the participation :)

1st places on each game:
-Phoenix (Centuri): Dax
-Wonderboy (set 2): Krj
-Lunar Rescue: Cicca
-Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun (bootleg): PG3
-Super Hang On (Junior course): Sawys
-Blocken: Phil Lamat

---

The ranking is permanently available at this URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
I didn't upload the video that captured the random extraction of games, though I have it still saved on my HDD. If anyone is interested to view it for the sake of regularity, please send me a message (preferably a private message in this forum) so I will upload it to Dropbox and send you link.

Also I appreciate there has been NO sign of cheating.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Thank you for the organisation.

It was hard to play against Dax and i admit that even if i tried to beat my scores, the progression wasn't sufficient to send my new score. And i preferred to focus on the MGL aussie's arcade.

Now, i can say that i won at least one tournament at MARP, even if there were not enough competitors ^^

Thank you :-)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D