T15 Details

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

T15 Details

Post by wolfman24 »

T15 is going to be an Individual just like past contests. This year to get a fresh new spin on the contest, the games are going to be played 1 life only.

Contest Date
September 27th to October 11th- length of contest

Scoring will be based on Ranking

more info will be coming in a few months, and forms to submit games and vote on games
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: T15 Details

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Usually I like the 1-life idea, however I'm not sure if it's a good idea to change so much the classic MARP Tournament event. I'd suggest to create other competition for this different purpose, something like "1upTournament"...

TRB
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

I guess you mean "usage of one life only", meaning that we can even start with default settings, and score considered is that one achieved with first life only.
Tell us if I'm correct, because the alternative interpretation is "you must start with a life but you can use all those you win".

(Glad someone is talking about tournaments here, planning something concrete)
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

giro-X wrote:I guess you mean "usage of one life only", meaning that we can even start with default settings, and score considered is that one achieved with first life only.
Tell us if I'm correct, because the alternative interpretation is "you must start with a life but you can use all those you win".

yeah usage of only one life, i have seen some games with dips for 1 life. I am thinking in about June I will make a poll to see if people want T15 the way it usually is or have 1up contest.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

wolfman24 wrote:
giro-X wrote:I guess you mean "usage of one life only", meaning that we can even start with default settings, and score considered is that one achieved with first life only.

yeah usage of only one life, i have seen some games with dips for 1 life. I am thinking in about June I will make a poll to see if people want T15 the way it usually is or have 1up contest.
What I wanted to point out is, then, that if 1up only rule passes, we can choose also games who do not provide a 1up only dipswitch. (Also not changing dipswitches is a way to let you have in your hands an INP that follows MARP submission rules - alternatively, we can always open a new ranking, like *t15-game1, that allows to upload stuff that doesn't mix with default settings INPs and doesn't count for leaderboard.)

Agreed that we should vote on this anyhow, at some time.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

UPDATES

Post by giro-X »

So, gentlemen, Wolfman24 has asked me via private messages if I could take his place at coordinator of this Tournament, for he won't be hosting it anymore.
We've also discussed about it with Zhorik and he is eventually fine with the change. Of course we are never forced to have tournaments, though I gladly accept to take the role and run the tournament in place of Wolfman, for you guys. Organizing always takes less time than competing, so I should find with no trouble a reasonable amount of time to dedicate to it.

I shall remind that Wolfman got his role for this year Tournament by accepting the nomination made by Zhorik, and was running unopposed ( :arrow: there has been no voting). viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15857
Being Zhorik the chairman of the nominations procedures, and the only one nominating the only user that accepted the role of tournament coordinator, I believe there should be no issue with this exception. In case Wolfman would have been voted to obtain the role, my answer should have been "I decline".
If you have any concerns about this, please post here or send a PM to me or Zhorik.
Also, obviously, both Wolfman and Zhorik can confirm their words if you believe I'm building up fake things. Seriously, I would not dare to steal anything.

Ssssoooo... if this goes as predicted, I would like to keep the tournament starting into late September / early October and make it last probably 6 weeks. I'll wait some days to see your response to this decision, and then I'll write down dates, rules, and start also the thread for voting games.
One thing is sure, I won't win this year tournament :mrgreen: :roll:
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I've discussed the change in tournament moderations with both wolfman24 and giro-x, and support giro-x taking over responsibilities for this year's tournament since wolfman24 has elected not to run the tournament. If anybody has any questions or concerns please feel free to post them here or PM me.