T14 Rules

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: T14 Rules

Post by mahlemiut » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:56 am

PG3 wrote:
wolfman24 wrote:if there is a problem with the game or you are having problems recording you can use .106
- 0.150: RanaElia added Violent Storm (ver EAC). Renamed (viostorm) to (viostormeb).
http://www.progettoemma.net/gioco.php?game=viostorm
Which means you should be uploading your scores to viostormeb (game list clearly states "version EAB"). And if you're using MAME 0.150 or later, you should be recording viostormeb, too.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

User avatar
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by wolfman24 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:59 am

mahlemiut wrote:
PG3 wrote:
wolfman24 wrote:if there is a problem with the game or you are having problems recording you can use .106
- 0.150: RanaElia added Violent Storm (ver EAC). Renamed (viostorm) to (viostormeb).
http://www.progettoemma.net/gioco.php?game=viostorm
Which means you should be uploading your scores to viostormeb (game list clearly states "version EAB"). And if you're using MAME 0.150 or later, you should be recording viostormeb, too.
oops that was my bad it was suppose to be EAC the parent rom. sorry about the confusion and thanks for the catch mahlemiut

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: T14 Rules

Post by mahlemiut » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 am

wolfman24 wrote:oops that was my bad it was suppose to be EAC the parent rom. sorry about the confusion and thanks for the catch mahlemiut
In that case, then, you can't use 0.106, since version EAC doesn't exist in 0.106.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

PG3
Button Masher
Button Masher
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 am
Location: POLAND

Re: T14 Rules

Post by PG3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:09 am

17
Last edited by PG3 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: T14 Rules

Post by mahlemiut » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:49 am

You need to provide the game shortname to the commandline. Providing nothing tells MAME there is no selected driver, and will use the built-in menu to select a driver.

You might also want to set a value for inpview in mame.ini, although it should revert to 0 (meaning disabled) not an empty string.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

User avatar
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:19 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by Phil Lamat » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:32 am

wolfman24 wrote:Is anyone able to playback PG3 violent storm score? It desync for me at the 2nd boss. Is there any playback problems with the game in the past?
Desyncs for me at 1,339,400

User avatar
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:19 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by Phil Lamat » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:38 am

mahlemiut wrote:You need to provide the game shortname to the commandline. Providing nothing tells MAME there is no selected driver, and will use the built-in menu to select a driver.

You might also want to set a value for inpview in mame.ini, although it should revert to 0 (meaning disabled) not an empty string.
Barry is right.
Try :
mamearcade viostorm -record viostorm.inp
and
mamearcade viostorm -pb viostorm.inp

User avatar
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:19 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by Phil Lamat » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:39 am

wolfman24 wrote: oops that was my bad it was suppose to be EAC the parent rom. sorry about the confusion and thanks for the catch mahlemiut
So tourney is on the new "viostorm" (EAC), right ?

EDIT :
I see you've corrected "EAB" to "EAC" in the game list, so forget my question

User avatar
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:32 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by CrazyKongFan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Is it too late to register now that it's started?

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: T14 Rules

Post by simpsons99 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I had no clue this had started .. I never saw a sign up or anything .
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

User avatar
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by wolfman24 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:41 pm

CrazyKongFan wrote:Is it too late to register now that it's started?
can still sign up now just start submitting scores and I will add you to the scoreboard

User avatar
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by wolfman24 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:42 pm

simpsons99 wrote:I had no clue this had started .. I never saw a sign up or anything .
yeah that was my bad I didn't post the signup intil about the 25th you can still join in though

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: T14 Rules

Post by simpsons99 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:05 pm

confused where is this sign up? :o
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: T14 Rules

Post by simpsons99 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:10 pm

found it

I have Zupapa score already .. Great choice though

2nd

special rules Zupapa!
(zupapa) simpsons99 (@) 12 Aug 11
23:19:56 4,985,200 (edit) wolf106
get MAME
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

User avatar
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 am

Re: T14 Rules

Post by wolfman24 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:17 pm

simpsons99 wrote:confused where is this sign up? :o
you can just start submitted scores and I will add them to the leaderboard

Post Reply