Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

T14 Rules

Post by wolfman24 »

Personal introduction

I am known as Wolfman on the forums, I been in the gaming scene since 2010 when I firsted started to play in contests and also host them. I joined marp back in 2011, and played in marp k9 and k10 which i found to be very fun. Would like to thank Zhorik for nominating me to do this, I think this will be a fun thing to do and I plan to bring a lot of life into this event. I hope to get to know a lot of you and don’t hesitate to ask questions or chat with me.

I wrote up all of my past contests in a google doc if anyone is interested in it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wyr ... sp=sharing

Dates

November 2nd to November 23rd-Length of the contest
Now to October 1st-Nominations of games
October 2nd to October 20th-Voting for the games

Game selection

The selection of the 10 games for the contest will be performed with players nomination period followed by a voting period. The Nomination period will take place now to October 1st. The Voting period will take place October 2nd to October 20th.

The Nomination period

Players will nomination 3 Games. Submit it through this form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Cg3F-c ... I/viewform

The Voting Period

Players will be voting from October 2nd to October 20th. Players will get one votes per genre.

The Game List
At Least
1 beatemup
2 shootemup
1 puzzle
1 maze
2 platform
1 racing
2 with the most votes

The Banned Game list

The banned list can be found here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Game settings

All games are intended to be played with default MAME settings. If MARP has special rules for the designed game (ex. max 5 lives to use), they will be adopted.
All bios (like for NeoGeo MVS) will also be default MAME settings.

Version of MAME used

The most Current version of Wolfmame. unless there is a problem with the game

Other rules

Obvious rules are obvious. And so,
-techniques banned from MARP are also banned in this tournament.
-INPs sent that will include use of macros, autofire, 2 players cooperation, altered speed, will be not considered. To be precise about recording speed, it must be included between 95% and 100~101%.
-The score you claim must be done on the first credit of your recording. Failure to do so will result in your score being changed to what it was for the first credit.
-To encourage good sportsmanship, no recording can be uploaded 24 hours after you recorded it. If these periods are violated, then that person's score for that game will be changed to zero.
-Recordings have to be submitted at MARP main site, including the string "T14" in the comment, or here in the forum in the appropriated threads, if you want to conserve an old recording of yours.

Scoring

Individual
For each game, the players will be ranked based on how they performed.

For example, if there are 7 players, 1st gets 7 points, 2nd gets 6 points, 3rd gets 5 points, 4th gets 4 points, 5th gets 3 points, 6th gets 2 points, and 7th gets 1 point in that game and it happens in all the games.

A tournament is won when at the end of the contest to the player who has the more points than any other participating player. If there are any ties in the leaderboard, it will be declared a tie.

Double
For each game, the Teams will be ranked based on how they performed. The players on the same team scores will be combined and the teams will be ranked based on those scores.

For example, if there are 7 teams, 1st gets 7 points, 2nd gets 6 points, 3rd gets 5 points, 4th gets 4 points, 5th gets 3 points, 6th gets 2 points, and 7th gets 1 point in that game and it happens in all the games.

A tournament is won when at the end of the contest to the team who has the more points than any other participating team. If there are any ties in the leaderboard, it will be declared a tie.

example of how the scoring works https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by wolfman24 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: T14 Rules and Call for nominations

Post by giro-X »

I guess the Banned list, as I saw, is made of titles played in the past tournaments and includes clones/parent as well.
If it's the case, you are missing the games from last tournaments. I tried for ESPgaluda (KO), Pop 'n Bounce (t13), Garou MOTW (TT) just to name some, and they are not included. If you need a resume I would gladly help. :)

The fact that we can't view which games have been voted through form may make it less easy to decide your own ones... but okay. As long as it works.

Let's vote then. Oh well at least I need to think about the choices a little bit.
(It was very little, this bit - voted already)
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

giro-X wrote:I guess the Banned list, as I saw, is made of titles played in the past tournaments and includes clones/parent as well.
If it's the case, you are missing the games from last tournaments. I tried for ESPgaluda (KO), Pop 'n Bounce (t13), Garou MOTW (TT) just to name some, and they are not included. If you need a resume I would gladly help. :)

The fact that we can't view which games have been voted through form may make it less easy to decide your own ones... but okay. As long as it works.

Let's vote then. Oh well at least I need to think about the choices a little bit.
Yeah I was trying to add all the games from past contests on the list.
Thanks added those games to the banned list.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

wolfman24 wrote:
giro-X wrote:I guess the Banned list, as I saw, is made of titles played in the past tournaments and includes clones/parent as well.

Yeah I was trying to add all the games from past contests on the list.
Thanks added those games to the banned list.
But they weren't just those three, I told them as an example :D ok wait...
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

These games are missing. You can delete those three lines if you want to keep all the titles with the same style Name [romname] :)
Also, you forgot to remove WCC9 and WCC8 from games since they are name of tournaments (Weekly Challenge Championship).
1000 Miglia Great 1000 Miles Rally [gtmr]
Aurail (set 3, US, unprotected) [aurail]
Battle Circuit (Euro 970319) [batcir]
Captain Commando [captcomm]
ESPgaluda (2003/10/15 Master Ver) [espgal]
Far East of Eden - Kabuki Klash / Tengai Makyou - Shin Den [kabukikl]
Garou - Mark of the Wolves (NGM-2530) [garou]
J. J. Squawkers [jjsquawk]
Jackal [jackal]
Momoko 120% [momoko]
Mutant Fighter [mutantf]
Pop 'n Bounce / Gapporin [popbounc]
Puyo Puyo 2 (Japan) [puyopuy2]
Qix (Rev 2) [qix]
Space Position (Japan) [spcpostn]
Super Punch-Out!! [spnchout]
The Astyanax [astyanax]
Tutankham [tutankhm]
V-Five (Japan) [vfive]
Warriors of Fate (World 921031) [wof]

I did not include Mr. Driller, which was initially chosen for K11 round 6, then replaced shortly because it was impossible for most to record with 100% emulation speed. Even if it is not included in banned games, it is more likely that it will be not chosen by anyone for the same reason.
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

giro-X wrote:These games are missing. You can delete those three lines if you want to keep all the titles with the same style Name [romname] :)
Also, you forgot to remove WCC9 and WCC8 from games since they are name of tournaments (Weekly Challenge Championship).

I did not include Mr. Driller, which was initially chosen for K11 round 6, then replaced shortly because it was impossible for most to record with 100% emulation speed. Even if it is not included in banned games, it is more likely that it will be not chosen by anyone for the same reason.
oh yeah you said there were more. Thanks for the list. Yeah I can't get mr driller to run more then 75% for me
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

Got 3 people that send in their games
here is the link to send in your games if you didn't send in yet
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Cg3F-c ... I/viewform
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

extending nominations to October 5th
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: T14 Rules and Voting

Post by wolfman24 »

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Mario Bros, Pooyan and Joust are in the banned list, shouldn't be voted.
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

thanks girox missed those 3 when I was putting the games in the voting form
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Dinosaur Hunter also. It's clone of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, in Banned list.
Unless you accept clones but I guess not, according to the real meaning of the existance of the list.

(Hi PG3, seems like you voted :) )
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

So what's the player count look like? 4 or 40 ?
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

judging from the voting it looks like 16 but maybe not everyone voted
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Hi, just checking if the voting period is over? When will the official game list be revealed? Are there still plans for a team based tourney?