T13 - Round 3 - spnchout

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

Goldtimes
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: T13 - Round 3 - spnchout

Post by Goldtimes »

Can you verify if this f***ing inp goes on desync please?
Attachments
gtm_spnchout_160980_wolf106.zip
(28.45 KiB) Downloaded 1402 times
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Desync's for me right away on the first opponent. It gets a few good blows in, up to having KO lit, then Bear Hugger gets a couple hits, then I hear the horn that goes off when you hit the knock out button without KO being lit, then gets knocked out 3 times quickly and the game ends.
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

Same here,it desync at Dragon Chan at 34390 pts. scored
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

From the looks of it, this game has had a history of playback issue, but most INPs are *really* old, so it's hard to say just when that was fixed. Clearly some time after 0.106, unfortunately...
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Damn it.
Confirming the desync in second stage. The first stage always playback correctly to 33670, the second stage finishes at times with 34390, at times with 34030.

You (Goldtimes) had no score yet on Super Punch-Out. In the first week, with all the desyncing scores, I opted to keep as good the last not-desyncing score for the tournament ranking. In this case, there is no old score as this is the first we get, and we know it desyncs, though at least one stage playbacks correctly. Hence, my doubt about what to do, between leaving a score of 0 or a score of 33670 for you now in the ranking, since it's time to give tournament points again. :?
My decision would be towards accepting 33670, which would give +4 points at the moment to Goldtimes, -1 to Fordy/mahlemiut/RAX.
This decision can be discussed and changed anytime, if you members disagree with it. No specific detailed rule has been specified in the regulation about desyncing scores, so I'm trying to follow my concept of common sense.

Of course, I need to find a solution for you, Goldtimes :wink:
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Anyone who has beaten Tiger.. care to offer some advice? I've managed one single knockdown on him before having my ass handed to me and I want to reach Macho at last and get to the 2nd loop at last.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Goldtimes
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Goldtimes »

I tryed with 0.152 but it goes too slow. So, it seems that the only way for me is to leave the tournament :twisted:
Goldtimes
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Goldtimes »

Ok! Try this! I registered from the computer of my cousin with 0.152 version :lol:
Attachments
gtm_spnchout_165700_wolf152.zip
(61.03 KiB) Downloaded 1427 times
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

It works :) confirmed
Of course we can't ask you to use your cousin's computer all the time, we need a solution. Hold on, I'm having school exams in these days (ok, not today since it's Sunday, but I'm giving more time to study), I have to cut out a moment to find a way.
Goldtimes
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Goldtimes »

i'm glad :) but i'm searching a stable solution
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:Anyone who has beaten Tiger.. care to offer some advice? I've managed one single knockdown on him before having my ass handed to me and I want to reach Macho at last and get to the 2nd loop at last.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
As for what i've seen you need to change your dodging timing with him,because actually it 's very bad,try this: start pressing him with a a pair of right punches,he usually counter attack you at second with his right,timing your dodge (better if you dodge right) then attack him with a quick one-two(left-right) then continue until he lose a certain amount of energy.
At this time he will try yo attack you with his "special attack" that is a couple of face/body/face/body punches in sequence. Before this happen you'll notice that he move left/right very fast,wait until he stops then at the precise time he'll come close to attack you punch him with a straight left in the face and/or at the stomach,this will knock him down!
Repeat two or three times and you've done with him!! :)
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

I have suggested to Goldtimes to try to use wolf 0.140 for recordings with this game. I tried by myself some record/playback, and found still no desync issue.
If even with this version of Mame his recordings are choppy, we'll gradually go back with older versions.

I sincerely don't know how less heavy could be a 0.140 rather than 0.152 (on my slower computer it makes a difference), but... we need to try something :mrgreen:
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Agodzilla wrote:As for what i've seen you need to change your dodging timing with him,because actually it 's very bad,try this: start pressing him with a a pair of right punches,he usually counter attack you at second with his right,timing your dodge (better if you dodge right) then attack him with a quick one-two(left-right) then continue until he lose a certain amount of energy.
At this time he will try yo attack you with his "special attack" that is a couple of face/body/face/body punches in sequence. Before this happen you'll notice that he move left/right very fast,wait until he stops then at the precise time he'll come close to attack you punch him with a straight left in the face and/or at the stomach,this will knock him down!
Repeat two or three times and you've done with him!! :)
Thanks for the assistance! Now I gotta learn now to choke on Macho Man and I think I will finally see a loop at last!

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

i have beaten the 2nd guy twice. now i cannot beat him at all! he keeps jumping around and it gets to 3 minutes already. what am i doing wrong? frustrated... !! #-o
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

kernzy wrote:i have beaten the 2nd guy twice. now i cannot beat him at all! he keeps jumping around and it gets to 3 minutes already. what am i doing wrong? frustrated... !! #-o
Hmmm...probably it's because you attack him mashing every button possible,that's definitely NOT the right strategy in this game.
Instead try observe what he do,when his eyes turn yellow he attack you discovering his guard,now it's time to counter-attack with a quick left-right,also look at the pose he will have,it may vary depending of what he try to defend your attacks,i.e: if he has his left punch hold onto his left cheek you have to hit him with your left punch and vice-versa.
Usually when the time pass the 1'30" Dragon Chan start jumping around regularly until you stops his pattern dodging the last kick then pulverize his energy bar with a quick series of one-two's followed by an uppercut that can end the match and your nightmare,kernzy :)