Post by giro-X »

ImageImage

Round 2 is
Tutankham

The romset name is: tutankhm

Year: 1982
Manufacturer: Konami
Genre: Maze

This is a game of the first phase of the tournament. You can upload your INPs to this thread, or in MARP, from January 5th to February 1st included. See the TIME REMAINING link below for an exact count of the time left.

Resume of the tournament rules:
- Recordings must be done with WolfMAME version 0.152; remember to delete the NVRAM before each recording has been performed.
- Default settings / dipswitches have to be used.
- MARP special rules for this game: [none]
- General MARP rules like no use of autofire, macros, 2 credits, 2 players etc. have to be followed. Recording speed has to be included between 95% and 100~101%.
- :!: Upload the recording in 24 hours after you have recorded it! Failure to do so will occur in a nullified score!
- If you submit to MARP, please include the string "T13" in the comment, so to make clear distinction between participants of tournament, and other recordings.

About scores:
- Best score gets 100 points, always. All the following scores are calculated in proportion to the best score, like a percentage, rounded down to the nearest integer.
- :!: Every 7 days from the beginning of the time allowed for playing, a temporary ranking will be created with players' best scores so far, and smaller amounts of tournament points will be given. 12 points to the first position, 10 points for the second, 8 points for the third, and then 7-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-1 and so on for every recording sent.
The intermediate bonuses, of course, will not be given also a fourth time in coincidence with the end of the gaming period.

Suggestion for members who upload to MARP:
If you have a completely different nickname for your account here in the forum, and the account name for replay.marpirc.net, please let us know who is who, to avoid misunderstandings :wink:
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: T13 - Round 2 - tutankhm

Post by giro-X »

TIME REMAINING to upload your INPs to this game:
click here

To see the complete tournament ranking, refer to the main ranking thread.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

what is the policy for outside confirmers to confirm Tournament recordings? is this ok as long as they monitor the tournament rules?
-skito
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Chad wrote:what is the policy for outside confirmers to confirm Tournament recordings? is this ok as long as they monitor the tournament rules?
Of course. Confirmers and editors can confirm the recordings on MARP as long/much as they want, with usual standards.
I absolutely, anyhow, am going to verify all the recordings by myself, even those already confirmed on MARP. Then, confirming them if uploaded to MARP as I'm a confirmer as well. If the recording I'm going to watch has been confirmed already, I may watch it a little faster, or really skip it but this if I have absolutely no free time, which usually can't happen :mrgreen:
I have trust, of course, in the confirmers, especially for those who I see confirming scores usually in and out of tournaments :) I have to state that I will watch every INP by myself (and do so) to ensure that no INP will be forgotten on the road.

If I have desync troubles, I'll publicly ask, in these threads, for a second check of the desyncing recording by a confirmer/editor. (and I bet these occasions won't be missing :) )
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

cool, thanks.
-skito
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

room2
Attachments
RAX_tutankhm_23100_wolf152.zip
(16.29 KiB) Downloaded 813 times
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

room3
Attachments
RAX_tutankhm_33880_wolf152.zip
(33.64 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Hello all,

I think there is an issue with the emulation of Tutankham that needs to addressed. The arcade version of Tutankham is equipped with two joysticks, and one of those joysticks is a 2-way used for firing the laser either left or right. This means that a player can only fire in one direction at a time. However, in MAME, it is possible to fire in both directions simultaneously. The default mapping for the firing controls are Ctrl for left and Alt for right, so pressing Ctrl+Alt will result in a simultaneous left+right firing of the laser. This can provide an advantage for a player who is in a very rough spot. I'm not sure if this kind of situation is covered by the MARP rules, since the default controls allow this.

Regardless, I think this is worthy of discussion. I understand it's very late in the 1st period of T13 and I'm not trying to cause any difficulties with scores that have already been posted. Also please understand that this is not directed at any specific player(s) who might have taken advantage of this exploit. Thanks.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Clearly, the driver isn't set up as a dual joystick, as MAME does not allow opposing directions of a joystick to be pressed simultaneously.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Unless someone is using a stick for firing, everyone can do it anyway, so nobody is getting an unfair advantage.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Love it.
Paulo Valmir
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Paulo Valmir »

I think it has a problem verifying my score on the "tutankhm", the date is correct, I played on the 25th and sent the same day and not the 9th,please to verifying again . thank you
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Paulo Valmir wrote:I think it has a problem verifying my score on the "tutankhm", the date is correct, I played on the 25th and sent the same day and not the 9th,please to verifying again . thank you
Is the date on your computer correct? (that could make it look like it was recorded 2 weeks prior ;) )
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

It shows it was created Thu Jan 9th 12:41:15 2014 when you play it back.