Moderator: giro-X

RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: T12 - Round 3 - Punch-Out

Post by RAX »

Press F8 during the replay.
F8 decrease frameskip, F9 increase.

Upload the same files again won't help, wolf106 has a recording issue.
Playback with frameskip may or may not be enough to see a problematic inp, because the recording itself is broken. In fact Notman's inp (with a bit of luck) can be seen to the end at least here), Marco's inp desyncs sometimes at 2nd opponent, and in any case at 3rd one.
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Thanks RAX.

I will check it before you say anything ....
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

RAX wrote:Playing back desyncing inps with high frameskip sometimes you succeed in jumping the frames where desync happens.
I played back Notman's inp with frameskip=11 correctly to the end, score 100600.

Marco's inp is worse: although most of the times it desyncs at Piston Hurricane, sometimes I could play it back to Bald Bull. In any case it desyncs between its 1st and 2nd KO, with a final score of 54490.
Rax, you are right. I could see the games!
Marco 54490 points and Notman 100600 points.

I've updated the final leaderboard for this game.

I'm sorry Marco but It's impossible to see the complete inp.

Greetings
Empardopo.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I've edited Marco's inp to 54490, which shows his previous one of 83830.
I also can't palyback this one, maybe someone will be more lucky than me ?
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

I think that inp desyncs. It's impossible to see the whole inp!

Greetings
Empardopo!
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Since that NOBODY wants a tourney done by a random person anymore, let's state the obvious:

One of the DUTIES of a Tourney coordinator is to check out if the selected games desyncs with various test inps, with whatever valid MAME version you choose for your tourney. Then you're on your own if things like these happens. Because you can't be fair otherwise, if either you want to give a penalty to the players that didn't checked their inps* or remove/change the game itself. Having a VERY bad timing and checking out the inps too late doesn't help, either.

*Seldomly it also happens that the player that did the inp playback-ed it fine and then, on other machines, it desyncs horribly. Ultraman on Sufami is one of these, go figure.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Marco's 83k erased too, then it shows a 76340 ... that playbacks correctly !
That's better than nothing I suppose, but hell I agree inputs should have been checked before : lot of T12 inputs still yet unconfirmed, I wonder why you (Empardopo) ask to become confirmer one month ago ? Barry has done the change for nothing :(
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Remember that the old MARP tournaments used to have dedicated "judges" for each game... because one person trying to take on the task of playing back everyone's recordings for ALL the games is too much. I think empardopo did not really know what he was getting himself into, but that's another problem when taking games that people suggest without testing them beforehand. Of course, yes it's the coordinator's responsibility to make sure the games picked don't have issues....
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Phil Lamat wrote:Marco's 83k erased too, then it shows a 76340 ... that playbacks correctly !
That's better than nothing I suppose, but hell I agree inputs should have been checked before : lot of T12 inputs still yet unconfirmed, I wonder why you (Empardopo) ask to become confirmer one month ago ? Barry has done the change for nothing :(
Does this previous 76340 score count for final standings, then?
Besides I found two mistakes in scoreboards: in Pooyan Fordy and Phil Lamat are swapped, and in KungFuMaster Phil gets the empardopo bonus even if he didn't score 404K+.
If these three modifications are confirmed, Potante reaches third position: in my calculations the final standings are Saulon146, Marocco133, Potante113 and Phil109
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Thanks for the upgrade, RAX ! After 17 days from the end of T12 there isn't a definitive ranking =D>
Of course no answer to Phil Lamat, BBH and RAX from E.