Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: T12 - Rules and Games

Post by edusword »

Kale wrote:
empardopo wrote: The games were selected by a lottery!!
I don't even want to enter into the debate that five games were *randomly* selected by your comrades (including Chopper I, after the WR fiasco).
Actually, I'm more impressed that THREE + ONE games are vertical shooters (Mad Shark, Chopper I, Ketsui plus Galaga), and another one is technically an horizontal shooter (Pooyan). Even worse than T11, I'm glad that people understands from their errors of the past ...
No comment! That's not worth the effort...
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Empardopo, it'd be nice to have a general ranking and a ranking for single game.
May be have lost some episodes, but is it possible now to upload scores for anyone of the 8 games ?
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Kale wrote:
I don't even want to enter into the debate that five games were *randomly* selected by your comrades (including Chopper I, after the WR fiasco).
Actually, I'm more impressed that THREE + ONE games are vertical shooters (Mad Shark, Chopper I, Ketsui plus Galaga), and another one is technically an horizontal shooter (Pooyan). Even worse than T11, I'm glad that people understands from their errors of the past ...
Kale, in Retrovicio's forum we have a program called "Bombo Virtual" which has made the draw.
Honestly, I'm very angry with your words.And by the way, did not know the game Libble Rabble!
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Marco Marocco wrote:Empardopo, it'd be nice to have a general ranking and a ranking for single game.
May be have lost some episodes, but is it possible now to upload scores for anyone of the 8 games ?
Marco, I'm on it. :D

You can upload scores to MARP of any game. Remember that It's mandatory add the word "T12" in the description.
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

ballas wrote:
simpsons99 wrote:Wish i would have picked games or something these games are horrable! I think the person's games that got picked have a better chance of being the winner. But Oh well....
Why Wolf141 that so long ago?
Hey man, all MAME games rule!!! Haha.

Just to double check, we can play any games now and submit?
Yes, you can play any of the 8 games and upload your score to MARP.
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

edusword wrote:
Kale wrote:
No comment! That's not worth the effort...
Perhaps, Kale thinks Retrovicio pays me money or something! My salary in Retrovicio is the same as here and by the way now I'm unemployed...
I think statements like these make people lose the desire to do things. It's a shame!
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

empardopo wrote: Kale, in Retrovicio's forum we have a program called "Bombo Virtual" which has made the draw.
Honestly, I'm very angry with your words.And by the way, did not know the game Libble Rabble!
Angry because your program is flawed? Or because you proposed for TWO consecutive times an all-around tourney that isn't actually all-around?
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Kale, I don't know what is your problem but meanwhile remember this phrase "As the speed of light is more than sound, some people appear bright until you hear the stupid things they say."

You have 2 options:
1.- You play and play!
2.- Go away and keep talking!

You choose...
edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by edusword »

The program is not flawed at all. The input is a text file contained a list with all the proposed games. The program simply assigns a number to each of the games and it generates a random number. The game that fits with the number is the game displayed in the program window as game selected.

I was using the program for the last two years, and it works perfectly. It is 100% random, but if you prefer to think any other thing without any cause then you have a problem...
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

empardopo wrote:Kale, in Retrovicio's forum we have a program called "Bombo Virtual" which has made the draw.
Part of the issue is that when people choose a large number of shooter games to create the pool of games from which the "randomizer" will pick the games, then you're going to end up with a large number of shooters in the result set. That's not a flaw in the program that's just mathematical probability at work, not that computers are actually capable of truly random number generation.

ie: The game selection is only as good as the games that were nominated by the players.

I have no problems with the game selection as I've already found another 2 games that I would never have played without this competition that are great fun to play!!

Note: It's never easy being the tournament coordinator as people will always find something to complain about, including I guess me when I thought I couldn't participate due to the format. It wasn't intended to come across as a complaint when I said that, I was just disappointed that I wouldn't be able to compete as the game selection looked great, so apologies if it felt like "yet another complaint". Here's a thought for the day for you: Nil illegitimi carborundum :D

Cheers,
BeeJay.
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

a couple of these games have " Nil illegitimi carborundumised" my ass.
snacksn jackson?
lol!!!!
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

BeeJay wrote:
empardopo wrote:Kale, in Retrovicio's forum we have a program called "Bombo Virtual" which has made the draw.
Part of the issue is that when people choose a large number of shooter games to create the pool of games from which the "randomizer" will pick the games, then you're going to end up with a large number of shooters in the result set. That's not a flaw in the program that's just mathematical probability at work, not that computers are actually capable of truly random number generation.

ie: The game selection is only as good as the games that were nominated by the players.

I have no problems with the game selection as I've already found another 2 games that I would never have played without this competition that are great fun to play!!

Note: It's never easy being the tournament coordinator as people will always find something to complain about, including I guess me when I thought I couldn't participate due to the format. It wasn't intended to come across as a complaint when I said that, I was just disappointed that I wouldn't be able to compete as the game selection looked great, so apologies if it felt like "yet another complaint". Here's a thought for the day for you: Nil illegitimi carborundum :D

Cheers,
BeeJay.
BeeJay, Thanks!

I wanted to do this to make friends. Life's enough hard to create us enemies.
This is our hobby!

Cheers,
Empardopo.
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

This is my first tournament and hopefully not be the last one.
Please be patient with me.

Only I assure you that my only intention is that you enjoy playing!

Greetings!
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

empardopo wrote:Kale, I don't know what is your problem but meanwhile remember this phrase "As the speed of light is more than sound, some people appear bright until you hear the stupid things they say."

You have 2 options:
1.- You play and play!

You choose...
It's: "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people look bright until you hear them speak." IMHO you lose your rights to dictate shit when you copy a citation wrong. Speak decent English otherwise just shut up, because trying to defend yourself with broken common sense just hurts with your cause.
So what? You take a first draw, delete your second/third/n choices of the same genre and do another one. And don't tell me that we don't have 10 different genres in the (admittely wack) selection of games that there was.

And, just to stop further idiotic comments:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10050
I'll probably randomly pick 1 fighter, 1 maze, 1 platform, 2 puzzle, 1 racing/sports, and 2 shooters.
Let me know in this thread if you think some games are not in the good category.
This was in 2003, not exactly yesterday ... Result: T6 was still the best tourney to date, according to number and quality of players that partecipated (including some JP people).
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Kale wrote:
empardopo wrote:Kale, I don't know what is your problem but meanwhile remember this phrase "As the speed of light is more than sound, some people appear bright until you hear the stupid things they say."

You have 2 options:
1.- You play and play!

You choose...
It's: "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people look bright until you hear them speak." IMHO you lose your rights to dictate shit when you copy a citation wrong. Speak decent English otherwise just shut up, because trying to defend yourself with broken common sense just hurts with your cause.
So what? You take a first draw, delete your second/third/n choices of the same genre and do another one. And don't tell me that we don't have 10 different genres in the (admittely wack) selection of games that there was.

And, just to stop further idiotic comments:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10050
I'll probably randomly pick 1 fighter, 1 maze, 1 platform, 2 puzzle, 1 racing/sports, and 2 shooters.
Let me know in this thread if you think some games are not in the good category.
This was in 2003, not exactly yesterday ... Result: T6 was still the best tourney to date, according to number and quality of players that partecipated (including some JP people).
Kale, You are right! I hope to learn speak english! Instead, others should learn some manners! :mrgreen:

I think that everybody know who is saying idiotic comments!

Are you going to play or not? You've lost a lot of time talking instead of playing!

We stop here! Remember I am the coordinator!