Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Post by Kale »

Zerstorung wrote:
The scoring per game will be (first position to last) 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 if there are 10 players.
The scoring per game will be (first position to last) 20 17 15 13 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 1... if there are more than 10 players. 1 Point to all the players that submitted any score.
This is the other part of what I was saying. Right now Mad Shark is worth more points than Ketsui, and I can gain leaderboard points by convincing more players to submit scores on a game where I am leading, and avoid submitting scores on games where other players are in the lead.

Wouldn't it make sense to make all games worth the same number of points regardless of individual game participation?
Just make a bunch of fakes to wherever you're in first place.
Problem solved.
:roll:
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

Kale wrote:
Zerstorung wrote:
The scoring per game will be (first position to last) 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 if there are 10 players.
The scoring per game will be (first position to last) 20 17 15 13 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 1... if there are more than 10 players. 1 Point to all the players that submitted any score.
This is the other part of what I was saying. Right now Mad Shark is worth more points than Ketsui, and I can gain leaderboard points by convincing more players to submit scores on a game where I am leading, and avoid submitting scores on games where other players are in the lead.

Wouldn't it make sense to make all games worth the same number of points regardless of individual game participation?
Just make a bunch of fakes to wherever you're in first place.
Problem solved.

:roll:
I would hope that we don't have those type of idiots here.....
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Round 9 --> Squash (squash) --> empardopo
Hey, from when the Tournament Coordinator decides to choose games all by himself?

Next time that somebody would bring the "MARP is democratic" subject I'll just rotfl ... because really, this must be a fucking joke. :evil:
edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by edusword »

Kale wrote:
Hey, from when the Tournament Coordinator decides to choose games all by himself?

Next time that somebody would bring the "MARP is democratic" subject I'll just rotfl ... because really, this must be a fucking joke. :evil:
Why do you complain about that now? empardopo wrote the rules on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 am, including the following extra rule: "Two extra games will be added by me at any time so stay tuned ...". You had got 3,5 months to complain about the extra rule, before the starting, but you complain when the tournament has 1 month. Sorry but it is impossible to understand...
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

Kale wrote:
There should be a rule to state that people have to be part of the tournament to be able to complain...
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Kale wrote:

Do you like it? In the round 10, I'll choose another game!
"Democratic"??? Perhaps, are you a politician? Then, you have a great future in Spain... Kale, you are a crack. Perhaps, It's better speak, speak and don't play, when every player have to play to a game choosen by you! Maybe you were a great player but now you seem just a speaker!

Right now I have many problems in my life and I keep the tournament for the other people but thanks to you, I know this is probably my first and last tournament as an organizer.

When finished the round 9, I'll update the leaderboard.

Greetings
Empardopo.
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

ballas wrote:
Kale wrote:
There should be a rule to state that people have to be part of the tournament to be able to complain...
+1

Ballas, there are things that should not be needed they were written but there are people of all kinds.

Please, come on to play!

Greetings
Empardopo!
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Actlly pick games people are going to want to play. Or is this event just a joke? No one is going to play all 8 games to win if they dislike them.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

To win the tournament the winner will have to play at least 8 of 10 games...
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

empardopo wrote:To win the tournament the winner will have to play at least 8 of 10 games...
oh brother ! That was my point did you miss it?

People dislike the games will not play all 8 ... Whats the point?
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

simpsons99 wrote:
empardopo wrote:To win the tournament the winner will have to play at least 8 of 10 games...

The thing with tournaments is that you're never going to please all the people with the game selection. Just get over yourself and play the games if you want to compete. If you don't, then don't, but either way people stop moaning about the selection. Other that the two "co-ordinator's" choice games, the rest came from games that were nominated by the Marp community so blame the nominators of those games not the co-ordinator. Personally I'm taking the approach of maybe finding a couple of games to carry on with after the tournament that I would never have played otherwise. Yes, there are games that are not my cup of tea, but that's the nature of a multi-game tournament structure like this.

Are you hear to play games or not!! :)

Cheers,
BeeJay.
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

simpsons99 wrote:

You can play for fun or play to compete! if you want to compete and win then you have to respect the rules!
I'm sorry you don't like the games but I only chose one at this moment!

Greetings
Empardopo.
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

BeeJay wrote:
simpsons99 wrote:

The thing with tournaments is that you're never going to please all the people with the game selection. Just get over yourself and play the games if you want to compete. If you don't, then don't, but either way people stop moaning about the selection. Other that the two "co-ordinator's" choice games, the rest came from games that were nominated by the Marp community so blame the nominators of those games not the co-ordinator. Personally I'm taking the approach of maybe finding a couple of games to carry on with after the tournament that I would never have played otherwise. Yes, there are games that are not my cup of tea, but that's the nature of a multi-game tournament structure like this.

Are you hear to play games or not!! :)

Cheers,
BeeJay.
+10

Thanks BeeJay!
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

Updated provisional overall standings in the second post!

Greetings
Empardopo.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

empardopo wrote:
Kale wrote:

Do you like it? In the round 10, I'll choose another game!
"Democratic"??? Perhaps, are you a politician? Then, you have a great future in Spain... Kale, you are a crack. Perhaps, It's better speak, speak and don't play, when every player have to play to a game choosen by you! Maybe you were a great player but now you seem just a speaker!

Right now I have many problems in my life and I keep the tournament for the other people but thanks to you, I know this is probably my first and last tournament as an organizer.
Nobody had the time to check your fucking stupid rules. And, go figure, there's also a rule above your charge that states we users could change the game selection if there's a valid reason to do so (that is, 1337 shooters). But you showed your rules in a very thin time (and indeed, you changed some rules on the fly, after some complains).

The democratic joke comes from the fact that sometimes this word pops up from MARPers mouth (just do a forum search). The only good thing you showed to MARPers is that the users don't fucking care at all anymore in 2013. You wouldn't have done a tourney like this in early 200*.

If I've partecipated to the game selection one would suppose that there was a plan for partecipating (Hi Ballas), but after seeing how much sucky the entire product is I've withdrawn the idea. And since I'm not killing anybody but just speaking my mind I don't see where's the problem. Plus imho my critical thinking about all of this actually useful for anybody that wants to do a tourney after you the next year, i.e. to not repeat the errors and flaws that you showed here and is smart enough to do even the simplest MARP forum lurking.