T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby giro-X » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm

*OPINION*
[This post is released as personal opinion and should be considered as that, personal and not of others.]

Forgive me if I come from nowhere, I just wanted to say my opinion. I actually don't come from nowhere, I constantly look at the new uploadings and events (with the free time that I can have due to studies) here and of course I've given a eye on this tournament too.
Let me specify since the beginning and please remember that, I didn't take trace of every detail, every development, any any anything. I gave a superficial look, that's because as I said before, my free time is very short. But I guess I've looked enough to express my opinion.
If you make too many changes and place too many variable factors (like new games that can be inserted at any time)... I don't say what's good or not, but indeed it's chaotic. That's also one of the reasons why I didn't analize the tournament in every detail, seems chaotic. Again, I'm not saying GOOD BAD COULD BE BETTER no no no, I just want to underline that it gives a sense of confusion and could be a reason for some players to not join the event or abandoning it.
I think I am a vivid example... I didn't have always that hyper passion since my first times here to join tournaments, because I was too obsessed with the idea of losing. Then time after time I changed point of view and found tournaments more interesting. The last months I was waiting impatiently for a new tournament to come, then it arrived... as you see I didn't join, guess why. No matter how much free time I could have, I always have a bit; I didn't like it enough. As some wise men also told me and experience does too, rules for everything should be enough simple and stable since the beginning, to attract particpants and please them. We're humans so doing a change or two it's OK if we think they're needed... but please let's not refer in which are the possibilites given by MARP rules to you as a tournament coordinator, let's also speak in terms of "common sense". My "common sense" brings me here to say it seems chaotic.
(Examples? Okay, example of confusion. Post #2 by the coordinator says:
In the top he is saulonpb but the winner of tournament would be MarcoMarocco because he has scored in 8/10 games
Does it cost too much to you to divide the ranking in two parts... "qualified" and "not qualified", so it's easier to understand?)
And I waited before saying it. It's too much easy to criticize at the beginning when nothing has happened yet. The tournament is almost at its end, I've seen enough and now I can tell mine.
Well... told. I don't have so much else to say. If needed I'll take a deep look to every every post made about this T12.
empardopo wrote:Right now I have many problems in my life and I keep the tournament for the other people but thanks to you, I know this is probably my first and last tournament as an organizer.

You're not the only one having problems in life dude. Using them as a sort of defence... no, I don't agree with this. And retiring just because you can't accept critiques is for cowards.
edusword wrote:Why do you complain about that now? empardopo wrote the rules on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 am, including the following extra rule: "Two extra games will be added by me at any time so stay tuned ...". You had got 3,5 months to complain about the extra rule, before the starting, but you complain when the tournament has 1 month. Sorry but it is impossible to understand...

ballas wrote:There should be a rule to state that people have to be part of the tournament to be able to complain...

Ooooh nice. So I can't say mine because I'm not playing and even if I was playing I couldn't because the tournament is ending... how wise. YOU all complain always so much that there is poor participation in the forum but then when people say something is a tragedy (there look, I have submitted only 31 message in my lifetime! GUESS WHY). You don't really get the point that exchanges of opinion and critiques should be CONSTRUCTIVE to avoid to make the same mistakes again? Or should we accept everything that comes like it comes "because yes"? We can't even talk now? It's crazy. A forum is all about talking!
BeeJay wrote:The thing with tournaments is that you're never going to please all the people with the game selection. Just get over yourself and play the games if you want to compete. If you don't, then don't, but either way people stop moaning about the selection.

If it's that natural (and yes it is) that a tournament can't please everyone, then why do you have to ask people to stop "moaning" (I scourge exageration) since it happens every time? Let them speak, what bad thing did they do to you?
Anyhow I quoted this as additional underlining of my concept. My opinion is built on the "organization", not on the games chosen. I wanted to mark this again before someone comes here to tell me to stop "moaning" as well.
Kale wrote:Just make a bunch of fakes to wherever you're in first place.
Problem solved.
:roll:

Talking about being constructive, this is not, sorry. I usually agree with many things you say but the way you say them counts a lot, don't you see that people here take each other very seriously? There's not yet that smell of irony in the air. Well, at least not here, not now.

Final additional strings:
-Sorry if I wrote so much for you and English isn't your main language but the forum IS in English and it is required that you know it enough. Even more, if you are obliged to write.
-I'm ready to reply to all of you who won't agree with me and there will be a lot of sure! I'm not a ghost, I won't disappear all of a sudden.
User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby Kale » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:55 pm

giro-X wrote:
Kale wrote:Just make a bunch of fakes to wherever you're in first place.
Problem solved.
:roll:

Talking about being constructive, this is not, sorry. I usually agree with many things you say but the way you say them counts a lot, don't you see that people here take each other very seriously? There's not yet that smell of irony in the air. Well, at least not here, not now.



I was sarcastic, if it wasn't clear there was a :roll: attached to the message.
User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby giro-X » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Kale wrote:
giro-X wrote:
Kale wrote:Just make a bunch of fakes to wherever you're in first place.
Problem solved.
:roll:

Talking about being constructive, this is not, sorry. I usually agree with many things you say but the way you say them counts a lot, don't you see that people here take each other very seriously? There's not yet that smell of irony in the air. Well, at least not here, not now.



I was sarcastic, if it wasn't clear there was a :roll: attached to the message.

...details :D you never know if someone may not have the same interpretation. I'm perhaps habitued too much to specify when I'm ironic and worry for others too as well... :?
User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby simpsons99 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:59 pm

giro-X wrote:*OPINION*
[This post is released as personal opinion and should be considered as that, personal and not of others.]

Forgive me if I come from nowhere, I just wanted to say my opinion. I actually don't come from nowhere, I constantly look at the new uploadings and events (with the free time that I can have due to studies) here and of course I've given a eye on this tournament too.
Let me specify since the beginning and please remember that, I didn't take trace of every detail, every development, any any anything. I gave a superficial look, that's because as I said before, my free time is very short. But I guess I've looked enough to express my opinion.
If you make too many changes and place too many variable factors (like new games that can be inserted at any time)... I don't say what's good or not, but indeed it's chaotic. That's also one of the reasons why I didn't analize the tournament in every detail, seems chaotic. Again, I'm not saying GOOD BAD COULD BE BETTER no no no, I just want to underline that it gives a sense of confusion and could be a reason for some players to not join the event or abandoning it.
I think I am a vivid example... I didn't have always that hyper passion since my first times here to join tournaments, because I was too obsessed with the idea of losing. Then time after time I changed point of view and found tournaments more interesting. The last months I was waiting impatiently for a new tournament to come, then it arrived... as you see I didn't join, guess why. No matter how much free time I could have, I always have a bit; I didn't like it enough. As some wise men also told me and experience does too, rules for everything should be enough simple and stable since the beginning, to attract particpants and please them. We're humans so doing a change or two it's OK if we think they're needed... but please let's not refer in which are the possibilites given by MARP rules to you as a tournament coordinator, let's also speak in terms of "common sense". My "common sense" brings me here to say it seems chaotic.
(Examples? Okay, example of confusion. Post #2 by the coordinator says:
In the top he is saulonpb but the winner of tournament would be MarcoMarocco because he has scored in 8/10 games
Does it cost too much to you to divide the ranking in two parts... "qualified" and "not qualified", so it's easier to understand?)
And I waited before saying it. It's too much easy to criticize at the beginning when nothing has happened yet. The tournament is almost at its end, I've seen enough and now I can tell mine.
Well... told. I don't have so much else to say. If needed I'll take a deep look to every every post made about this T12.
empardopo wrote:Right now I have many problems in my life and I keep the tournament for the other people but thanks to you, I know this is probably my first and last tournament as an organizer.

You're not the only one having problems in life dude. Using them as a sort of defence... no, I don't agree with this. And retiring just because you can't accept critiques is for cowards.
edusword wrote:Why do you complain about that now? empardopo wrote the rules on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 am, including the following extra rule: "Two extra games will be added by me at any time so stay tuned ...". You had got 3,5 months to complain about the extra rule, before the starting, but you complain when the tournament has 1 month. Sorry but it is impossible to understand...

ballas wrote:There should be a rule to state that people have to be part of the tournament to be able to complain...

Ooooh nice. So I can't say mine because I'm not playing and even if I was playing I couldn't because the tournament is ending... how wise. YOU all complain always so much that there is poor participation in the forum but then when people say something is a tragedy (there look, I have submitted only 31 message in my lifetime! GUESS WHY). You don't really get the point that exchanges of opinion and critiques should be CONSTRUCTIVE to avoid to make the same mistakes again? Or should we accept everything that comes like it comes "because yes"? We can't even talk now? It's crazy. A forum is all about talking!
BeeJay wrote:The thing with tournaments is that you're never going to please all the people with the game selection. Just get over yourself and play the games if you want to compete. If you don't, then don't, but either way people stop moaning about the selection.

If it's that natural (and yes it is) that a tournament can't please everyone, then why do you have to ask people to stop "moaning" (I scourge exageration) since it happens every time? Let them speak, what bad thing did they do to you?
Anyhow I quoted this as additional underlining of my concept. My opinion is built on the "organization", not on the games chosen. I wanted to mark this again before someone comes here to tell me to stop "moaning" as well.
Kale wrote:Just make a bunch of fakes to wherever you're in first place.
Problem solved.
:roll:

Talking about being constructive, this is not, sorry. I usually agree with many things you say but the way you say them counts a lot, don't you see that people here take each other very seriously? There's not yet that smell of irony in the air. Well, at least not here, not now.

Final additional strings:
-Sorry if I wrote so much for you and English isn't your main language but the forum IS in English and it is required that you know it enough. Even more, if you are obliged to write.
-I'm ready to reply to all of you who won't agree with me and there will be a lot of sure! I'm not a ghost, I won't disappear all of a sudden.

I agree with you this event has been a complete *Joke* from the start !

To have soo many games that are just BLAH Horrable!

Theres only been 2 good games out of the bunch here.

I agree about the hole English thing here ..
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby Zerstorung » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Which two are those, brian?
Zerstorung
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby simpsons99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Zerstorung wrote:Which two are those, brian?

Mad Shark and Pooyan
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby Zerstorung » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 pm

If you like Mad Shark, what's wrong with Ketsui?
Zerstorung
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby simpsons99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Zerstorung wrote:If you like Mad Shark, what's wrong with Ketsui?

I like the classic shooters better .. Mad Shark has that classic Raidon feel.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby kernzy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 pm

"classic" shooters?? lol!!
:D
User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 am

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby mahlemiut » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 am

Classic Raiden feel? I took it as being a complete ripoff of Raiden (albeit a reasonably decent one) :)

Personally, I find Ketsui highly frustrating to play. Espgaluda is far better.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby simpsons99 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 am

kernzy wrote:"classic" shooters?? lol!!
:D

I do not get what is soo funny?
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby kernzy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 am

you said classics were from the golden age, remember?
User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 am

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby simpsons99 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:11 am

kernzy wrote:you said classics were from the golden age, remember?

really? Most of the shooters that are in this toury are from the mid 90's.

Pooyan is the oldest game of the lot.. If you ask me it's a hidden gem should have done alot better in the arcades then it did.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby kernzy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 pm

" kernzy wrote:you said classics were from the golden age, remember?


really? Most of the shooters that are in this toury are from the mid 90's."
mid 90's is not the classic era, hence my jape.
pooyan? maybe back then. it is pants now.
User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 am

Re: T12 - Rules and Games - Clasification

Postby BeeJay » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Dang...... I didn't realise that I've just missed the last weekend before this tourney finished and now I'm stuck at work and can't do anything about my missing scores..... :(
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 am

PreviousNext

Return to MARP Tournament

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest