T10 has begun!

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I have no plans on playing rompers to try for 10 million. Could I reach that? Sure, if I wanted to take days, or even months to develop awesome patterns. The game is fun to play...but not where I want to play it for that much to get scores others have already achieved.

I was playing it only in competition for T10. I had never even seen the game prior to playing it for t10. I had the first place score early...so stopped playing...then saw Notman top me...so I played it a bit more to retop him...then he topped me again. I then played the next couple of days to get close(had a 630k game I never submitted)....but then got too busy with other stuff to play the past couple of weeks...now time is too limited for t10 and the participation of others just isn't there so I am not playing it out.

I might soon focus on games I used to play a lot like Mario Bros though...try for 1 million there at TG settings.

Recently my interests have been going elsewhere also. I am not a hardcore gamer like many here are. I do it as a hobby. I do it to have some fun.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

destructor wrote:Thanks. I'm interesting in $150 bounty only - 10MLN score.
I will pay $150 personally. total $300 for the man who get 10M.
BAN 167,772,150 points bug.

And I have nothig to say for LN2.
you should try T10 it is good field for you.
I just want to say that "THE player like LN2 had not better speak ill of other top players. their levels are too high to understand for poor one.."
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Novice wrote:
Yes, the 167M bug is banned for my bounty offers too. Novice, can you give details on when this bug takes place?I saw NOO mentioned it on his home page, but I couldn't completely understand the translation that Google language tools gave me for when it happens. It seems like it happens if you kill 7 enemies at once using multiple slabs? I guess maybe this was intentional by the developer, but even if it was it throws off the scoring so much I'm not allowing it for my bounties.

Novice, one other question (and this might be a question to forward to NOO), do you know which version of MAME has the most accurate emulation of the arcade game? There seem to be timing differences between recent versions of Rompers and older versions. My guess would be that the more recent version is more accurate and this was a MAMEdev fix, but I think we all know that sometimes bugs in MAME crop up, so maybe the older emulation was more accurate.

-George
Novice

Post by Novice »

Zhorik wrote:
Novice wrote:
Yes, the 167M bug is banned for my bounty offers too. Novice, can you give details on when this bug takes place?I saw NOO mentioned it on his home page, but I couldn't completely understand the translation that Google language tools gave me for when it happens. It seems like it happens if you kill 7 enemies at once using multiple slabs? I guess maybe this was intentional by the developer, but even if it was it throws off the scoring so much I'm not allowing it for my bounties.

Novice, one other question (and this might be a question to forward to NOO), do you know which version of MAME has the most accurate emulation of the arcade game? There seem to be timing differences between recent versions of Rompers and older versions. My guess would be that the more recent version is more accurate and this was a MAMEdev fix, but I think we all know that sometimes bugs in MAME crop up, so maybe the older emulation was more accurate.

-George
Using bigger wall, kill 7 or more enemies at time, score crush.
Of course, 6 is maximum number of enemies exist a screen at time.
Nachibou (apper after round 16.) has 2 life.
attack him when he just JUMP,a nachibou will be killed by one attack.
and count 2 enemies at time.
(of course attack 3 JUMPING nachibou at time,1UP)

so,kill 6 enemies include a nachibou and kill them at time when nachibou is jumping.
round 18 is easy to get it.
of course it is much more difficult than 50K,1UP.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

All right, just 3 days left - well, just under 71 hours - for you to get your final T10 submissions in. T10 will end on Thursday, 23:59:59 GMT (barring any server issues :)).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:I just want to say that "THE player like LN2 had not better speak ill of other top players. their levels are too high to understand for poor one.."
as you just spoke ill of me? what a hypocrite!

Sorry, I lost interest in this tournament from lack of competition. Novice, the amount of competition just isn't there.

No Don, no destructor, no Martin, etc. heck, even no Novice. :P

if all of those were playing, then I would be tons more motivated to play it out myself.

even george has disappeared from this one. There really are only 3 players who have fully participated in this tournament. 3?!?!?

we had all of these players playing in TG's last Deca. I finished 5th out of about 22 participants. Although I had 3 games I played twice each to submit scores for the very last day...having never played them before...just to get a score in...so that really hurt me.

I guess the timing or the BS from many(not including me) in game selection kept many out of t10....sad really.
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

OK folks, time for my "do action" speech:

If you didn't like the way the games were selected, then you all should discuss a new way of determining games. Simple as that. That's the premise of MARP, so take advantage of it.

If anybody thinks Barry OR ANYBODY ELSE is at fault for this, just stop. Barry was just enforcing the rules in effect at the time, and so was everybody else.

I... really don't need to say much more about the issue.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Novice

Post by Novice »

LN2 wrote: as you just spoke ill of me? what a hypocrite!
Am I hypocrite??
sorry. I could not realize any wrong words.

LN2 is an ignorant guy. it is true.
LN2 is a complainer. it is true.
LN2 could not understand top player's high skill.
as expected.
LN2 could not make any finish/1UP (he said everyone can) replay.
as I predict.

speak ill of him?
sorry. If I am wrong, then I have to apporogize.
but I think I do not have to.because LN2 is LN2 after all.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Hisa you really should work on that attitude of yours. You are being guilty of exact traits you accuse LN2 for.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:LN2 could not make any finish/1UP (he said everyone can) replay.
as I predict.
ok, this one is maybe a language issue. I did not say it like that.

Anyone that had the time, could easily just watch, learn a handful of patterns from the replay in a manner of a night or 2... and easily beat out scores we were posting...like 600k.

Yes, to get 6.5 million...a lot more work...but even then, tons less work just seeing and copying what others did versus trying to develop patterns yourself.

Someone who develops their own patterns will be far more skilled at the game than someone just copying patterns of another player. I was developing my own....had afew games with only 1 continue where I had 1.2+ million. I just had a couple rounds that I could have gotten over then had a 1+ million score with maybe 2-3 more days a couple hours a day more of play. I lost interest though..plus got busy that next week.

I have many wolfmame replays here at marp now...so you can see I wasn't cheating back when I was still on a mac. I'd bet it isn't enough to satisfy you. Most scores I have at MARP are not from many plays. My rompers score submitted to t10...maybe was 10-15 games of play...was just starting to develop patterns there...most I just had a start then just winged it after the start.

My mario bros. score for t10...played 3 games of it. If I played that a few more times I likely would be getting 600+k. I do plan on playing this more in the not-so-far future so we can see what happens.

Omega Race....took a master from the game from 25 years ago to come forward to top the scores I had set. I don't know if I have interests to persue the scores he has set now at MARP. My personal goal when I started playing that was 1 million..which I set. I haven't played the game since.

give me 2000 plays as you do on some games and I am sure for many I would be getting elite scores.

I don't play most games to become or top the very best..but just to set some target score I have in mind....like I did for Omega Race. My goal wasn't to set a WR...or even compete with the masters...but to set a 1 million score. That was my personal goal to motivate myself to keep improving until I achieved it....no tricks there...just straight up play.

anyway..enuff cuz I am sure you will continue to tear others down. It is your way.
Novice

Post by Novice »

LN2 wrote: give me 2000 plays as you do on some games and I am sure for many I would be getting elite scores..
If you can not, then you will try to be illegal what any tecnique what you can not carry out.
(AS ALWAYS.)
Camel try's case was very typical.
That was triple higher than yours. and what did you do?

As everyones knows I am not a skilled player. :lol:
but I think knowledge is more important than some practice.
If you can,please beat my poor (I know) unfinished XEVIOUS 3D/G.
what one of the hardest game without autofire.
If you finish the game with higer score, all people will respect you who insult you now.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Novice

Post by Novice »

and I can bet you can not.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Novice wrote:If you can,please beat my poor (I know) unfinished XEVIOUS 3D/G.
I'm not happy that I didn't play on X3D/G in previous zlk bounties. My PC is to slow :(
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Question for Novice regarding about donpachi.

Rumors said you knew 10-15 players in Japan can finish donpachi in 2 loops and finish the game. There are not a single replay of all clear no miss donpachi replay anywhere.

It took ZLK over a year to finish donpachi 2 loops with his blood, sweat and tears. Nobody even try to finish the game at all. The last replay we know that one japanese guy made to 2-4 and die trying to finish the game.

On your last donpachi replay that you quit on 2-2? Why???

BEAT ZLK's score and finish the game and prove that you're the best of the best! :)

Oh yeah! My T10-donpachi replay is 100% pure junk replay and anybody could beat that score easily and I wonder why that they are not playing? hmmm...

Later,

NotMan

P.S. Xevious 3D/G is too slow for my cpu? :(
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

And time is up. I'll post the final results as soon as everything as I can get every recording confirmed. Shouldn't take long. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer