T10 has begun!

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Settings are changed in Test Mode from memory. Default extends are 50k and 200k only, I think.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

mahlemiut wrote:
LN2 wrote:
that is truly masterful level of play for the game if played legit(no save states used, or pausing etc.)...although the leeching gets semi-borderline at spots. It was still awesome to see the game actually has an end with apparently a 2.2 million bonus given at the end(?). 2.2 million? that is an odd number.
My guess is 100k x lives remaining.
Yes. that's right.
and you may realize he got 241,900 points at round 61.
REMANING BONUS OF THIS GAME is worthless when you try to get ultimate score.
attack 47 times (48th attack will kill him) last boss and suicide.
and get all keys.it is 236,900 points.much higher than remaining bonus.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Novice

Post by Novice »

LN2 wrote:oh, that sounds very possible....means those 1-up combos he got along the way are very valuable.

I didn't think he got that many though....would have to watch it and count them up.

how often are extra men awarded? I see no settings are accessible for the game....odd.
Kill many enemies at time when you use the smallest board.
2 enemies kill at time 2,000 points.
3 enemies kill at time 5,000 points.
4 enemies kill at time 10,000 points.
5 enemies kill at time 50,000 points.
6 or more enemies kill at time without miss on the stage 1UP.
6 or more enemies kill at time with mistake on the stage 50,000 (avoid permanent leeching).

This game is "TO MAKE PATTERN TO KILL MANY ENEMIES AT TIME."
he says 38UP is possible.(some patterns require lucky)
that replay success more than half of them.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

yep novice, I had gathered all of that information from playing it myself.

I agree..to do what that replay shows is likely mostly entirely patterns. I suspect for that replay that save states were used between stages or pausing used to review a pattern for the next stage. Yes, with a lot of play, you can get where you know them all...but the playback fps shows as 3.3...so it's likely a connected inp or gameplay with a lot of pausing.

most of my play is patterns or at least semi-patterns where I have a start to the board. my patterns currently are just getting through the boards though. I figure little point to doing more until you can get to the end of the game.

although as I keep playing it I am revising my patterns bit by bit to get more of the gems and/or improve time or get a few more enemies squashed.

I will figure these out on my own. I hope for t10 someone doesn't just copy the patterns from that inp to set a score. almost anyone can do that.
Novice

Post by Novice »

LN2 wrote:yep novice, I had gathered all of that information from playing it myself.

I agree..to do what that replay shows is likely mostly entirely patterns. I suspect for that replay that save states were used between stages or pausing used to review a pattern for the next stage. Yes, with a lot of play, you can get where you know them all...but the playback fps shows as 3.3...so it's likely a connected inp or gameplay with a lot of pausing.

most of my play is patterns or at least semi-patterns where I have a start to the board. my patterns currently are just getting through the boards though. I figure little point to doing more until you can get to the end of the game.

although as I keep playing it I am revising my patterns bit by bit to get more of the gems and/or improve time or get a few more enemies squashed.

I will figure these out on my own. I hope for t10 someone doesn't just copy the patterns from that inp to set a score. almost anyone can do that.
http://greenwoods.ld.infoseek.co.jp/1up/1up.html
http://greenwoods.ld.infoseek.co.jp/score/score.html
here is noo's page. and of course(URL says) he is GREEN-WOODS.(gamest record holder)
If all patterns success,10 million is possible.

Do you really think anyone can do that?
then do it by yourself.
I can bet any amount of money for "YOU CAN'T".

and one more.
this game has 100 million points bug trick.
(kill 7 enemies at time using bigger wall)
and this is one of very few trick which banned by gamest.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

LN2 wrote:I agree..to do what that replay shows is likely mostly entirely patterns. I suspect for that replay that save states were used between stages or pausing used to review a pattern for the next stage. Yes, with a lot of play, you can get where you know them all...but the playback fps shows as 3.3...so it's likely a connected inp or gameplay with a lot of pausing.
You're basing all this on the fps being 3.3 when you exited out??

regular MAME 0.60 didn't log the speed to the inp like AlphaMAME/WolfMAME. The 3.3 you're seeing is your own average FPS, most likely caused by using frameskip and F10. It has nothing to do with NOO.jp's recording.

Save states were not used to record the .inp. Was the pause button used? It's possible, seeing how it wasn't a secure version of MAME, but you can't prove he did or he didn't.

Hisa said NOO is the Gamest record holder, so his skill has already been proven. Why would he cheat for MARP?
Novice

Post by Novice »

BBH wrote: Hisa said NOO is the Gamest record holder, so his skill has already been proven. Why would he cheat for MARP?
I agree.
Novel Prise winner never cheat at elementary scool examination.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Lame analogy alert!
[-X
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Novice wrote:
BBH wrote: Hisa said NOO is the Gamest record holder, so his skill has already been proven. Why would he cheat for MARP?
I agree.
Novel Prise winner never cheat at elementary scool examination.
I've met some Nobel Prize winner's and I'm not so sure they wouldn't have cheated on their elementary school examininations. They wouldn't have needed to, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't have.

Regardless, NOO's GAMEST record is over 11M, and I don't think he used save states to put up his score of just under 5M (which would have been maybe 7.9M if he'd leeche all his 22 extra men on the last level). If he'd used save states, why would he have left the deaths in? I think he's just really, really, really good.
Novice

Post by Novice »

Zhorik wrote: I've met some Nobel Prize winner's and I'm not so sure they wouldn't have cheated on their elementary school examininations. They wouldn't have needed to, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't have.
lol. you are right!
"can not" is always do not.
but "would not have need to" is not always do not.
Zhorik wrote: Regardless, NOO's GAMEST record is over 11M, and I don't think he used save states to put up his score of just under 5M (which would have been maybe 7.9M if he'd leeche all his 22 extra men on the last level). If he'd used save states, why would he have left the deaths in? I think he's just really, really, really good.
yes. I agree.
If player who has enough skill uses save states (tell me how to use) improve score,
He will success all 38UP and no miss,make all 50,000 points.
during 1-60 rounds (about 3 million)
and use all 44 remaining man to get 236,900....
total will be 13 million+.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Are you related to Yoda? :)

Post by The TJT »

Novice wrote: "can not" is always do not.
but "would not have need to" is not always do not.
Yoda wrote:No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

BBH wrote: The 3.3 you're seeing is your own average FPS, most likely caused by using frameskip and F10. It has nothing to do with NOO.jp's recording.
hmm, so using F10 would interfere with this? how? you figure it would show higher fps then if #frames/time to show.

With F10 pressed, my system was showing the playback at several times regular speed.
Why would he cheat for MARP?
well, why is that inp in deleted status?

personally I don't care if save states or pausing was used. It demonstrates the potential for the game pretty well...and if you take the time to develop great patterns for it...can lead to high scores.

I doubt I will put that kind of time into this game....despite Novice's challenge....although if notman keeps upping me then I will also keep upping my score as well. hehe
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

LN2 wrote:
BBH wrote: The 3.3 you're seeing is your own average FPS, most likely caused by using frameskip and F10. It has nothing to do with NOO.jp's recording.
hmm, so using F10 would interfere with this? how? you figure it would show higher fps then if #frames/time to show.

With F10 pressed, my system was showing the playback at several times regular speed.
Average FPS: 114.591500 (1993 frames)

when you use -playback the fps reported is the fps of the mame program when you are using it not when it was recorded, so if you were pausing during the playback it would report below 60 or if your throttle was off it would be higher than 60 (60 or the default fps of the game). Some wolfmame's around 101 don't report the speed percentage at the end anymore, just fps of the current session, i think that's just a miss during the wolfmame rework.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Chad wrote:when you use -playback the fps reported is the fps of the mame program when you are using it not when it was recorded, so if you were pausing during the playback it would report below 60 or if your throttle was off it would be higher than 60 (60 or the default fps of the game). Some wolfmame's around 101 don't report the speed percentage at the end anymore, just fps of the current session, i think that's just a miss during the wolfmame rework.
In those cases, you'll need to quit before playback reaches the end of the inp. It's an issue that cropped up when MAMEdev started closing the inp at the end of playback, and nullifying it, stopping detection of whether you're using an inp or not.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
cliff
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by cliff »

LN2 wrote:well, why is that inp in deleted status?
Novice wrote:
Buttermaker wrote:
Novice wrote:Current MARP has very few uploads which worth to download and see.
at least I can find only two recordings. (marble madness and makai densetsu)
Why?

THERE IS THE MAN OF SCOURGE.

In spite of applyed enough informations and knowledge,
"THE MAN who has worthless biased opinion with poor skill" guy attack unseen tricks which he can not do it by himself to defend his LB points.
He success to defend his LB points.
by complain not skill.

it was enough to be disappointed all other players.
Many very good players delete all recordings from MARP.
Team2ch's stop to upload unseen skill any more.

I do not know "HE" is worthy player or not.
but I certain MARP lost many good players and good plays.
because all we love to see the skill. not ignorant asshole's worthless comment.
I feel MARP become boring place. very good replayers are gathering other place now.
The reason "why MARP does not have any troubles for several month",
it is very simple. there are no worthy replay. no trouble. no wonder.

the result of this poll says "MANY MARPERS KNOW THE FACT."
What players deleted their recordings?
I do not know everything.
but many "Quality over Quantity style player" removed all theirs.
especially "burning force" and "rompers" top was gamest record holder of those games.

disappoints this type of player is enough to be called as "scourge".
"Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge." - Proverbs 14:7