T9 bonus 24 hour warning notice

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

T9 bonus 24 hour warning notice

Post by Chad »

24 hour warning. I will post the final game of T9 here tommororw at May 28th 00:00:00 gmt. Then you will have 24 hours to make the recording for that game and up until the end of the tournament (00:00:00 May 30th) to submit it. MJS actually has things in a lock unless others are holding back their other scores till this week, but the race is on for 2nd and 3rd. T9 Competitors can also improve upon the other remaining 8 games during the same time period.

in case you are missing games, the games will be chosen from this list
viewtopic.php?p=34804#34804
-skito
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Ok... however my 2 wishes:
1 - Don't be a marathonable game (play it between 24 hours is really not a good idea);
2 - Don't be another MJS choosen game... 1 is low... 2 is good... 3 is in excess... 4 would be a ... hmmm... this man is very lucky!!! 8)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

yeah that was bad for randomness. I think i'll add to future rules not to allow more than 2 games chosen by one player... this next game will also be random, so if it happens to be marathonable but still "competative" and playbackable i'll have to choose it. Note if they marathon it, it better not be a few hours before midnight, since the game has to finish before GMT midnight Saturday!
-skito
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Chad wrote:yeah that was bad for randomness. I think i'll add to future rules not to allow more than 2 games chosen by one player... this next game will also be random, so if it happens to be marathonable but still "competative" and playbackable i'll have to choose it. Note if they marathon it, it better not be a few hours before midnight, since the game has to finish before GMT midnight Saturday!
Hmm... about max 2 games per player I disagree... ramdom is ramdom :(

It's 5:15PM here... I am planning go home and sleep, still 10:00PM (=GMT 0:00)... yes... I'll do it. Bye!
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

very good, :) sweet dreams!
Last edited by Chad on Fri May 27, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-skito
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Like last year, i will fight for the 2nd place but last year i was ill the last week and i submitted too late my scores and finally was in 3rd place...
This year, i regret that there are 2 puzzle games cos i don't like them and i think i 've done a good score on one of them (the best i could do ever).
Choices of this year were more eclectic (different styles) and it is good for all players but finally MJS (who i didn't know before) is an excellent player.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:It's 5:15PM here... I am planning go home and sleep, still 10:00PM (=GMT 0:00)... yes... I'll do it. Bye!
Ops... I forgot... only when at "Summer Hour" (less 1 hour) the GMT 0:00 was 10:00PM here... Currently GMT 0:00 is 09:00PM.

I am ONE HOUR late ;)
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Chad wrote:Note if they marathon it, it better not be a few hours before midnight, since the game has to finish before GMT midnight Saturday!
Why?
In my opinion any game started before the deadline should be valid.
Not to mention it is much easier to confirm that way...
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

sawys wrote:Choices of this year were more eclectic (different styles) and it is good for all players but finally MJS (who i didn't know before) is an excellent player.
As TRB said, I was lucky with the games, that's all...
And don't give up yet, there's still time!!!
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Ops... I forgot... only when at "Summer Hour" (less 1 hour) the GMT 0:00 was 10:00PM here... Currently GMT 0:00 is 09:00PM.

I am ONE HOUR late ;)
i thought you had already uploaded all 8 games before this one, but you've still missed a few, and i should remind you trb (and everyone) to still upload all 8 regular games before the tournament ends sunday night.
-skito
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Chad wrote:
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:

I am ONE HOUR late ;)
i thought you had already uploaded all 8 games before this one, but you've still missed a few, and i should remind you trb (and everyone) to still upload all 8 regular games before the tournament ends sunday night.
And if trb does it, pfui, my 2nd place will disappear :wink:
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

sawys wrote:And if trb does it, pfui, my 2nd place will disappear :wink:
Hardly I will send all the nine T9 games... and you have good records Sawys!
Be careful with other players, like BBH, Ace13 and others that sent little or nothing inputs still now!
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
Be careful with other players, like BBH, Ace13 and others that sent little or nothing inputs still now!
No i think that bbh plays t9 like t8, only on games he likes.
And I don't think that ace13 will fight for this tournament...
We will see it at 00:01 Monday.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

sawys wrote:
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
No i think that bbh plays t9 like t8, only on games he likes.
You are correct, I'm not a coward that hides recordings until the last minute...

for some reason I just completely lost the motivation/desire to play all the games in T9. For instance, I could've had a decent score in WBML but I just didn't feel like putting any more time into it. oh well.