Post by Weehawk »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/0/e/c/mj ... wolf95.zip

Recorded with WolfMAME .95.

Are we allowing it?
John Cunningham (JTC)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

As of right now, no. All t9-recs should be wolf94, BUT since i got the latest wolf95 to work on 98 with out blue screening it could be wolf95 as well. The single mame version rule is primarily for the convienience of the confirmers/judges to use a single mame to play all games back. I'll leave the version acceptance up to the judge of any game, but wolf version must be at least 80. If any judges decides to relax the wolf version rules, please post here declaring your wolf mame version acceptance values.
-skito
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Chad wrote:As of right now, no. All t9-recs should be wolf94, BUT since i got the latest wolf95 to work on 98 with out blue screening it could be wolf95 as well. The single mame version rule is primarily for the convienience of the confirmers/judges to use a single mame to play all games back. I'll leave the version acceptance up to the judge of any game, but wolf version must be at least 80. If any judges decides to relax the wolf version rules, please post here declaring your wolf mame version acceptance values.
WolfMAME .94 or .95 will be OK for Ripoff then.
John Cunningham (JTC)
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

0.94 or 0.95 is fine for xmcota too. Preferrably 0.95, due to the sound issues, but that's up to the players.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Wolf 0.94 or 0.95 are fine with me too (acrobatm, roadf, wbml).
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

94 or 95 for naname also (a 95-inp can be playbacked by wolf94)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

and I'm fine with either 0.94 or 0.95 for punisher.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

heck, why not allow puzzloop2 too. wolf94 and wolf95 therefore is allowed for all t9 games. thank jehova for vc.
-skito
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

:)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Houston, we have a problem...

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/6/0/9/mj ... wolf95.zip

They steal his last pod, but for some reason, the game doesn't end.

Remaining waves keep coming with nothing to go after. He could have played forever. I continued the game to 100k just to see if it turned over. (It didn't.) Bonus levels keep incrementing. I was at +300.

I have played this game hundreds and hundreds of times and never seen this. It must be rare.

I guess we have to disallow it, as a matter of fact I would suggest a special rule for the game stating that the game is ended when the last pod is taken, whether the game recognizes it or not.

Chad, you want to make the call here? (Especially since I am otherwise in the lead on this game.)
John Cunningham (JTC)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

with out watching i suspect it's a pod that's saved on the borderline of being stolen and not stolen, so it can't be seen by the player nor by the stealers.

I think it's clear that if there are no more pods to steal the game is over, since there's unlimited lives. I'll change the score if you want to decide what score is when the last pod was stolen.
-skito
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

My last pod is still there and will always be there! :lol:
Those bastards got what they deserved, heh :wink:
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Chad wrote:with out watching i suspect it's a pod that's saved on the borderline of being stolen and not stolen, so it can't be seen by the player nor by the stealers.

I think it's clear that if there are no more pods to steal the game is over, since there's unlimited lives. I'll change the score if you want to decide what score is when the last pod was stolen.
When he's on his last pod, you can see the aliens are already acting like they think something is in the upper left that's not there. I didn't see him shoot anybody at the edge of the screen there however. In fact, I never saw him shoot anyone just as they were leaving the screen in the whole game.

Just a weird fluke. His score when the last pod was taken was 4040. I had to subtract two enemies that he shot before the next time his score was reported. (The score is not always onscreen in this game.)

For the benefit of anyone interested in the scoring:

Note: if you kill all the enemies in the attack wave (2 in the first cycle, 3 in all cycles after), you proceed to the next form of attacker. If you kill part of the attack wave, but let one or two ecape with pods, the same form of attacker comes again. If all enemies in the attack wave steal pods, you go back to the previous form of attacker.
John Cunningham (JTC)
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Weehawk wrote:When he's on his last pod, you can see the aliens are already acting like they think something is in the upper left that's not there. I didn't see him shoot anybody at the edge of the screen there however. In fact, I never saw him shoot anyone just as they were leaving the screen in the whole game.
Watch closely... when I have 3 pods left, a Hornet takes the pod that is in the lower left of the screen but I kill him at the edge, leaving the pod in a place they can't reach (and where we can't see it either).
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Weehawk wrote:Note: if you kill all the enemies in the attack wave (2 in the first cycle, 3 in all cycles after), you proceed to the next form of attacker. If you kill part of the attack wave, but let one or two ecape with pods, the same form of attacker comes again. If all enemies in the attack wave steal pods, you go back to the previous form of attacker.
Very interesting note... I didn't perceived it before.
Well... to be sincere... I didn't perceived the enemies are different wave to wave, hehehe 8O

Hmmm... if it was done in 2004, it would be the Twingalaxies (Robert) bounty reached (if memory serves... 20k).
Just kidding! :D
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions