T8: Oh My God!

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Hi Metrackle.
I don't have idea how to play on this game. How methods you use? How place colors and where? Some colors on left side of screen and some on right? Can you give some help?
This game is very hard for me :?

-------------[Edit]------------

How gain Jump Bonus?
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/6/e/0/jl ... wolf81.zip
Also needs to be disqualified (did not use Wolf80).
-----
A few hints (note: it's not easy to give an exact pattern when the colors are 100% random):
1. Watch the attract mode and other replays for some examples of combos, which are necessary to keep the snakes from growing too long and faster level clears.
2. Conserve jump bonuses for emergencies, such as the third column being stacked to the top (if you don't have any jump bonuses left and your current score is lower, hit the escape key because you're already defeated). [correction: gained through jumping levels, hence the name Jump Bonus] The later you start, the higher the maximum. You'll need every one you can get, and it can be quite annoying to lose with all jump bonuses still unused (happens to me often).
3. Don't always try to link the glowing balls. Sometimes you don't need to (i.e. playfield amost empty).
-----
A replay for my fastest level clear record: four seconds (three could be possible).
[note: replay continues after Level 19]
Last edited by Metrackle on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I know from what depend Jump Bonus. It depend from Time Bonus. If you have minimum 5k Time Bonus after finish level then you gain Jump Bonus.

[Edit]
Hm... Not always work. Probably this depend from time. In Metracle inp with TimeBonus 5k he didn't gain JumpBonus, but his time was 51seconds. Problably time must be maximum 49 or 50 seconds. But this don't work always too. With time 56sec he get JumpBonus.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

omg has funny system for advancing in the levels. Let's say you start from level 10...when you've scored 10 000 points, you have cleared the level. you get 100k bonus, now you have 110k+ points...

If you have 11x 000 points, continue at level 11
If you have 12x 000 points, continue at level 12
If you have 15x 000 points, continue at level 15 etc...

---
You get one jump bonus if you jump over level(s) :wink: With one jump bonus you can remove one color from the board after level.
(You'll allways get one jump bonus after level 10, when starting there)
..... So, if your score is after level 11: 12x 000 points, you'll advance to level 12...and don't get jump bonus
If your score is 13x 000...you'll advance to level 13 and will have one jump bonus, cause you'll jumped over level 12.

You can save jump bonuses, and use them when necessary. Can use even many same time.

So, if you'll play fast, you'll get more time bonus, therefore jump over levels and get jump bonuses. If you'll play slow...you'll get some anyway, cause propably when stack is full you'll get nice chain reaction sometime: aaah...Aaaah...AAAaaaah...AAAAAH....OOOOOHHHH...APOMATETTE!!! (or whatever she shouts)

I don't know how many jb's you can have at store at each level, metrackle?

TJT
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Gmitra
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

problem with submiting

Post by Gmitra »

i have an ohmygod recording with score of 436900 but i cant submit it
and 2 days period will expire omorow.

Everytime i click submit link, i'm asked to login, i login click submit
and i'm asked to login again, so i can't submit my scores. Any idea
what's wrong?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

if you can't submit it, please pm it to me or just send it to metrakle so it can be allowed (after checking the recieved time of the email/pm) when you are able to submit it. thanks!
-skito
Gmitra
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Gmitra »

It looks like a cookie problem, it looks like i blocked the site but i cant seems to find it in list of blocked sites. What url do the cookie come from for this board?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Sometimes I have problem with submit too. But this formwork always for me:
http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mode=fetch_url
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Gmitra wrote:it looks like i blocked the site but i cant seems to find it in list of blocked sites.
In case you're using Internet Explorer: In the bar on the bottom there's an eye with a stop sign in front of it when you're blocking a site's cookies. Double-click it.
Gmitra
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Gmitra »

Buttermaker wrote:
Gmitra wrote:it looks like i blocked the site but i cant seems to find it in list of blocked sites.
In case you're using Internet Explorer: In the bar on the bottom there's an eye with a stop sign in front of it when you're blocking a site's cookies. Double-click it.
Thats good to know, thanx it helped
mike_myers
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by mike_myers »

The TJT wrote: I don't know how many jb's you can have at store at each level, metrackle?
The max amount of jump bonus is 7.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

mike_myers wrote:
The TJT wrote: I don't know how many jb's you can have at store at each level, metrackle?
The max amount of jump bonus is 7.
Only if you start at Level 10.

3 if you start at level 0, 5 if you start at level 5 - with 1 to begin with (same for starting at level 10).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer