Post by lagavulin »

In this thread, problems and questions about t7-biomtoy
Lagavulin,
2003 MARP Tournament Coordinator.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

One question about the leeching/maximizing in this game:

**You can rack up at least 3 mil (maybe 4?) on the first stage by dying and getting all the bonus etc over again until your last man etc.**

**You only earn extras at 2mil/5mil and on one or two of the later stages, so there is no problem with 'leeching' forever**

I see no problems with it if you finish the game, but if you don´t?

Opinions please!
QRS
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

QRS wrote:One question about the leeching/maximizing in this game:

**You can rack up at least 3 mil (maybe 4?) on the first stage by dying and getting all the bonus etc over again until your last man etc.**

**You only earn extras at 2mil/5mil and on one or two of the later stages, so there is no problem with 'leeching' forever**

Opinions please!
Since this wasn't ever a problem on the normal MARP board, I don't see why it should be here? After all, it'd piss me off if I didn't maximize my points and by a fluke beat the game, and then got pwned by someone who did and beat the game. I do emphasize fluke... because I can just SEE it happening to me!

The other thing is, is there a note about recording WITHOUT Sound! As that was a big issue in playback.

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote: Since this wasn't ever a problem on the normal MARP board, I don't see why it should be here?
Well you never know what might be changed when we play in a tournament right? Hence me asking about it BEFORE I start leeching my ass off
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote: The other thing is, is there a note about recording WITHOUT Sound! As that was a big issue in playback.
I don´t really understand that sentence. If you are talking about my recording I´ll say this:

Yeah i saw that in the rules. The thing is (and I said it in my description) that it playbacks ok for me with sound. If no one else can play it back, I will of course record another one later on without sound. I do prefer using sound, so I hope people can play it back anyway.

If you are pointing out that a sign about the "no sound for playback might be better" should be up so people can view it, I´ll say this:

Amen!
QRS
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

QRS wrote:One question about the leeching/maximizing in this game:

Opinions please!
Before the beginning of the tournament, I've informed Laga for this leech. For me, it's clearly not a problem because 3M can be easely beated when we've got in 4th - 5th stage. And I'm sure we'll be many too reach the end of the game because it's not so difficult.

Furthermore it's not a silly leech with a safe point involved, but make the 1st level over and over with all lives and continue the game with only 1 life

Finally, this game have not release all of its secrets. It's not a japanese or us game, so we have only marp for share info. So, I guess the actual hi score will be very improved in the next future.

Francois

PS : for those who are interested, in my regular marp inp, I've discovered two secrets in the second stage.

PS2 : For use phoenix attack, push 1 Player Start button.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:The other thing is, is there a note about recording WITHOUT Sound! As that was a big issue in playback.
Kelly
In JVRM, we've make a tournament some months ago, and we'd have many playback problems when we recorded with sound. I don't know if this problem is now fixed, so it's why I said it to Laga.

There is no playback problems with no sound recording.

In other hand, I understand QRS. I prefer play with sound too :)

Francois
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Yeah there are a lot of secrets in that game! I have discovered a few on Stage 2 too btw! There are prolly many secrets on the later stages. Right now I estimate that 11mil+ scores are no problem (If you finish the game and get all the secrets that I know of soo far that is :=)

And yes, I talked with BBH about the leeching too, and I guess you are all right. No problemas, as the winner in the end will be the guy that finish the game AND maximize the stages. I just wanted to be sure about it.

The game is very fun to play, but the colours really freaks me out :P
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I have problems with playback QRS inp with score 8143470.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

destructor wrote:I have problems with playback QRS inp with score 8143470.
Try the gui version of alphamame 070, sound on. Works here.

Lord gas (who also usese the gui version) had no problem to playback my earlier 6 mil recording.

Might be a problem with gui ->win and win->gui etc. I could not playback the dos recordings at MARP (o37b7) with or without sound using the gui mame.

I could playback blosts 10mil recording using wolfmame 076 though... even though he recorded it in wolfmame 074u1 :P

If the sound IS the real issue here, and people can´t playback my recording even if they use guimame etc, I will of course start to record without sound.

Keep me updated please :P
QRS
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

QRS wrote:
destructor wrote:I have problems with playback QRS inp with score 8143470.
Try the gui version of alphamame 070, sound on. Works here.

I amazingly enough can concur... it played back flawlessly with sound... damned incredible run too! 11 Million?! Feh... I see an EASY 12 million with proper maximizing, since the special 1 up in the forest was found.

BTW, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE On level 2! I never thought for a minute to let those bee's come out and then bounce my way up to the balloons! But just make sure you save some bad guys to do the balloon bouncing on the train.. ya missed some seriously nice points! ^^;;

Kelly

[Who is thinking a FAQ is forthcoming, based upon our skill and luck]
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Yeah no problems playing back here either. Nice inp QRS :)
Darren
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I playback it succesfully, but for fourth try. Inp with 9mln for second try.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Yeah those balloons on the second stage are cool :P It is very hard to nail them all though, and you don´t get a second chance...

On the Helltrain stage (stage 3) it is hard as hell to even start bouncing on the balloons.. too many enemies in the way *grrr*

I know of a few more places later on that has "secret balloon" spots. I just haven´t figured out how to reach them yet....

And sorry about the lame death in my 9mil recording.. I just HAD to take that peice of meat.... In all recordings I have seen people are ignoring it. I know now that I should bounce back directly though.. and that death avaits me bellow :)
QRS
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

QRS wrote:Yeah there are a lot of secrets in that game! I have discovered a few on Stage 2 too btw! There are prolly many secrets on the later stages. Right now I estimate that 11mil+ scores are no problem (If you finish the game and get all the secrets that I know of soo far that is :=)
The game is very fun to play, but the colours really freaks me out :P
Have reach the top of balloons in the first secret on stage 2. I've never reach it yet, but I'm very enjoyed when I found it :).

I don't understand why this game is also unknown. It's a game with the same gameplay quality as those of Capcom's platform hits :)

Francois
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:BTW, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE On level 2! I never thought for a minute to let those bee's come out and then bounce my way up to the balloons! But just make sure you save some bad guys to do the balloon bouncing on the train.. ya missed some seriously nice points! ^^;;
Hey :) Why you don't see it before ? I've post a mesage in the previous for tell you these secrets ^^

But, you're right, QRS score is impressive :)

For the trains, there was two spots with balloons, but they're difficult to get them.

Francois