TOURNAMENT 7 - Time to vote for games

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

TOURNAMENT 7 - Time to vote for games

Post by lagavulin »

According to the recent vote about the length of the tournament, there's a tie between 6 weeks and 8 weeks. So, there's a decision to take. I hope you will let me decide and choose and I prefer a 6 week tournament. This 7th tournament ( T7 ) could be scheduled in November and December ( for example 1st nov - 15th dec , or 15th nov - 31st dec ). Exact dates will be given in a few days.

VOTING PERIOD : From now ( 12th october ) to 22th october.

RULES ( same than T6 ) :

1 ) Anybody registered with MARP can pick up to three (3) games among all the available games.

2 ) Your vote is public so that you can see what games have already been chosen. You don't need to vote for a game you like if it's already voted for ! It's useless : a game with multiple votes has NOT more chances to be selected than a game voted once !.
You MUST vote here in THIS thread.

3 ) According to previous MARP Tournaments rules, games used in regular tournaments 3,4,5,6 can't be selected but games used in 1st and 2nd tournaments can be selected. More, you can't select games used in knockout tournaments 1,2,3, in Olympiad 1, and in WCC 1,2,3. If someone votes for one of these games, it will be deleted from the list of games preselected.

COMMENTS

1 ) You will precise with your vote the category of each game you choose.
Select the category in the following list :
fighter, maze, platform, puzzle, racing, shooter, sports, other games.
If the category is not precised, game will not be selected in the list.

2 ) Try to avoid too "heavy" games, too difficult to play with slow computers. I will probably reject these games.

3 ) Sign with your exact MARP pseudo.

Thanks for your attention.
Lagavulin,
2003 MARP Tournament Coordinator.
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by lagavulin »

Especially for newbies at MARP who didn't participate in the first tourneys, here are the games that have been used in the past. Games from the tournaments 1 and 2 are allowed, games from all other tournaments are not allowed. And to be complete, their clones are not allowed either.

Tournament 1

Gyruss, Combat School, Mr. Do's Wild Ride, Discs of Tron, Galaga, Pang 3!, Us. Vs. Them, Lock N' Chase, BombJack, 2020 Super Baseball, Money Puzzles Exchanger, ZZYZZYXX

Tournament 2

Crystal Castles, Jr. Pac-Man, Kung Fu Master, Lode Runner, Lunar Rescue, Pooyan, Puzzle Bobble, Rastan, Scramble, Super Sprint

Tournament 3

Amidar, Burnin' Rubber, Gauntlet II, Ghouls N' Ghosts, Lady Bug, Marble Madness, Ninja Kid II, Tron, Xenophobe, 10 Yard Fight

Tournament 4

Arkanoid, Bobble Bobble, Gaplus, Green Beret, Pnickies, Rally X, Street Fighter II, Solar Fox

Tournament 5

Elevator Action, Renegade, Moon Patrol, Metal Slug, Tempest, The Pit, Vulgus, Windjammers

Tournament 6

Boulder Dash, Dangun Feveron, Final Fight, Ixion, Parodius Da!, Pleasure Goal, Psychic5, Wit's

Knockout 1

Aurail, Arabian, Top Player's Golf, Badlands, Do's Wild Ride, Centipede, Mayhem 2, Black Widow, Outrun, Yie Ar Kung-Fu, Joust 2

Knockout 2

Anteater, Neo Drift Out, Roc'N Rope, U.N. Squadron, Goal Goal Goal, Goindol, SnapJack, Penguin-Kun Wars

Knockout 3
To be completed

WCC 1

LEGENDARY WINGS, JOY JOY KID, ROAD BLASTERS, LEGEND OF SUCCESS JOE, LIQUID KIDS, LOT LOT, ZERO WING, POP BOUNCER, POWER SPIKES II, WORLD HEROES PERFECT

WCC 2

ARMED FORMATION, PHOZON, SUPER SPRINT, GREAT SWORDSMAN, SPELUNKER, EXTERMINATION, FIRE TRAP

WCC 3
To be completed

Olympiad 1

See the list here : http://marp.retrogames.com/olympiad/oly1.htm

-----------
Last edited by lagavulin on Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lagavulin,
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Good.

Are you sure olympiad games are not allowed? The concept was like you can vote for any game...So many game there. Only few play some game.
Are we really bored to those?

(I was thinking to vote for Phoenix :oops: That would be little like voting for good games for me, badbbadbadtjt)
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

lagavulin wrote:Especially for newbies at MARP who didn't participate in the first tourneys, here are the games that have been used in the past. Games from the tournaments 1 and 2 are allowed, games from all other tournaments are not allowed. And to be complete, their clones are not allowed either.
Why not simply disallow every single game used in any tournment. There's 4149+ entries already!!! PLENTY OF CHOICES STILL LEFT!! EVEN WITHOUT CLONES!

[Shakes head] This is the EXACT same problem with Decamame.. though hopefully that will be fixed...

It's my 2 cents... and I think others may agree with me.

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

My votes

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Alright.. now the other thing to note here, is there SHOULD be some regard to choosing games that require alot of pc power. It's blatently biased against anyone who should happen to have a slow pc [even thought parts are dirt cheap nowadays].... but... regardless... here are my 3 choices.

Smash T.V. [Maybe someone will actually beat this game for once!]

Magical Drop 2

King of Fighters 97

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

This comment has nothing to do with Kelly's choices.
Please vote for games that are good, not only games you are good at.
If both, more better.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Metal slug 2 (Yes we have had Metal slug1 in a tourney, but this is the sequel!) -Platform-shooting-knifing-killing game :)

Wonderboy -Platform-

Cameltry (Any of the four courses in the game) -Misc-

QRS
QRS
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

Mars Matrix/Shooter [Vertical Scrolling Bullet-Hell]

Cheese Chase/Maze [MOUSE GENRE]

Gigas Mark II/Other [Breakout]

Skyline

8O
Last edited by Skyline on Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
「シューティング ラブ。」
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Do Don Pachi (Shooter)
Blazing Star (Shooter)
Sinistar (Shooter)

V

-AGAIN-, I really hope Sinistar makes it if none of the others do. It deserves competition.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (fighter)

Varth: Operation Thunderstorm (shooter)

Rampage (platform, I guess)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

And for me :

Biomechanical Toys : platform
Rolling Thunder : platform
Caveman Ninja : Platform

Wonder@jvrm.net
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

QRS wrote:
Cameltry (Any of the four courses in the game) -Misc-

QRS
Are you sure ? It's a very ' Rick ' Dangerous game ;)

Francois
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

Cybattler (shooter)
Knights of the Round (fighter)
Stack Columns (puzzle)

Metrackle
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Francois Daniel wrote:Are you sure ? It's a very ' Rick ' Dangerous game ;)
uuh, notice who suggested Camel Try. QRS...who has more of the firts place scores for the game than I do. He is the dangerous one for that cuz I can't participate in these events anyway. If I play it will be on the side just to play along with you guys..not in the competition. Although I think if our(QRS and I) competition wasn't spoiled by another player I won't name then I would have kept playing and beaten at least a few of his scores again...but then again QRS might have turned around and beaten me back. We were going back-n-forth a lot for a couple weeks.

The interesting question in this case or any event though is would QRS have to upload new inps for Camel Try for the event versus just resubmitting his current scores? hmmm....seems that would have to be done for the contest.
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by lagavulin »

[quote="The TJT"]Good.

Are you sure olympiad games are not allowed? The concept was like you can vote for any game...So many game there. Only few play some game.
Are we really bored to those?

(I was thinking to vote for Phoenix :oops: That would be little like voting for good games for me, badbbadbadtjt)[/quote]

Well, I'm sure, yes. We had this rule in T6, and there's no reason to remove it for T7. Next year for T8 and following, we could discuss of MARP tournaments rules, but now it's too late. Sorry
Lagavulin,