How exactly does this tournament work?

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

How exactly does this tournament work?

Post by sikraiken »

I'm just wondering, because I'm curious if I'll be able to play or not (since I'll be gone from tomorrow (the 15th) to the 27th of Feb....
Zwaxy
MARP Founder

Post by Zwaxy »

That doesn't matter. It's something like: you have to upload at least one recording on each of the games before the tournament ends.

There's probably a rule to do with not hoarding all your recordings until the last 5 minutes and uploading them all at once, but there's no restriction (as far as I know!) on people taking holidays!
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

And how is calculated the general ranking ?

Francois
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

:D Thanks Zwaxy.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Don't recordings have to be uploaded within 24 hours of play though? Or something like that...

Theoretically someone could play all eight games on the last day and qualify at the last minute, possibly with some crazy-ass scores... but they'd have to all be within those 24 hours, no sitting on those recordings for weeks and weeks
Zwaxy
MARP Founder

Post by Zwaxy »

Francois Daniel wrote:And how is calculated the general ranking ?

Francois
The 1st place on each of the games gets 100 points. The rest of the places get points calculated as (NumberOfPlayersInTour - PlaceNumber + 1) - so at the moment, there are 8 players with recordings, so for each game, first place gets 100 points, 2nd place gets 8-2+1=7 points, 3rd place gets 8-3+1=6 points down to 8th place which gets 8-8+1=1 point.

Geddit?
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Zwaxy wrote:The 1st place on each of the games gets 100 points. The rest of the places get points calculated as (NumberOfPlayersInTour - PlaceNumber + 1) - so at the moment, there are 8 players with recordings, so for each game, first place gets 100 points, 2nd place gets 8-2+1=7 points, 3rd place gets 8-3+1=6 points down to 8th place which gets 8-8+1=1 point.

Geddit?
Hi Zwaxy

I thought that it went down as this 100-99-98-97 a.s.o. :?:

Let's pretend 10 players have joined the tournament. A player with one first place and 7 bad tenth places would win over someone with eight good second places. That doesn't seem right. That way even I could win :)

I was wondering why Phil Lamat lost so many points just because I beat him by 200.000 points in Wit's. Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't understand these rules by reading Lagavulin's rules here:

viewtopic.php?t=9967&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=

or have they been changed without me noticing it?

Also, you don't have to submit for all games and accoring to old rules you must upload within 48 hours.
Frankie
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Yes Lagavulin wants a 100-99-98-97 ... system ; script has to be corrected

In fact he wants exactly the same as previous tourney : points by rankings ; he just took 100 pts for 1st place so that a player can value easily his total compare to the perfect total of 800 pts