Tournament 6 - Judges Recruiting

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Tournament 6 - Judges Recruiting

Post by lagavulin »

NOw it's time to find some judges. I need 8 judges, one for each one of our 8 games. If it's not possible, some volunteers could judge more than one game.

If you wish to judge, please clearly indicate your choices of games, from first to last, ONLY BY EMAIL TO ME : laurentdarre@hotmail.com.
If there's a conflict, a first come, first served basis rule will take effect.

I remind the list of the 8 games :
BOULDER DASH, DANGUN FEVERON, FINAL FIGHT, IXION, PARODIUS DA!, PLEASURE GOAL, PSYCHIC 5, WIT'S.

Note that Judging doesn't prevent to participate in the tournament.
Judging doesn't mean you have to confirm all the recordings for your game : all MARP confirmers can do their part of job to help all the judges.

I finish with an extract from the MARP Tournaments Rules :

Judging is a huge responsibility : you will need to report to the Tournament Coordinator on confirmations on a timely basis( about once every two(2) weeks during the first month, and about once every week during the second month). All games to be confirmed are due three(3) days after the tournament is completed. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the current tournament (both judging AND playing), AND the next tournament. If you wish to withdraw from judging the tournament, you will be disqualified from the current tournament (both judging AND playing), AND the next tournament.
Lagavulin,
2003 MARP Tournament Coordinator.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Je prends ixion si tu veux
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by lagavulin »

I need 3 or 4 more judges. Come on ... Be active ! :wink:

Don't forget to indicate your choices of games, from first to last. Games that lack of judges for the moment : FINAL FIGHT, PLEASURE GOAL, PSYCHIC 5.

laurentdarre@hotmail.com
Lagavulin,
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Is there a way to check with what dipswitch the game was played (to avoid for example people to play "easy" instead of "normal", or that kind of stuff)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

We might get a t6 version of chkdips from Ben Jos which will do this for us automatically but if not i "believe" once the game starts you can just hit tab and see the options during playback.
-skito
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

I tried that but it showed the current dip settings for the game and not the ones for the recorded game.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

darn that's right, well once you're a judge and get used to watching the games over and over sometimes you can spot the difficulty by seeing an opponent showup/fire more/less than the other recordings and lives are easy to spot. I think Ben Jos has made a minor commitment to giving us the tournament chkdips but eventually one of us can to figure out the chkdips code and once barry gets the tgdecoder.lib file going any developer can work with apps that decode alphamame inps but won't be able to encode them (the good thing.)
-skito
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by lagavulin »

I need 2 judges for Pleasure Goal and Psychic 5.
Write me here : laurentdarre@hotmail.com

Tournament won't begin until we have our staff of judges complete, so if people remains inactive, it could take some time :( ... COME ON !!!
Lagavulin,
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by lagavulin »

Judge Recuiting Period is over. We have now our 8 judges, ready to operate for this 6th tournament. The list of judges will be soon published, with the final settings. Tournament will begin as soon as possible, now depending on how fast is Zwaxy to adapt the scripts. Possible dates for the tournament could be 15th Feb - 15th April or something similar. Wait and see... Stay tuned ...

Cheers
Lagavulin,
QRS
Editor

re

Post by QRS »

I just want to remind you all that a 5 men limit would be the best (in my opinion) on psychic 5.. I don´t think anyone will see/play recordings of 10mil +, full of leeching.. or? :)

Edit:Sorry, I saw that I said those words in another thread.. don´t blame me.. my memory is bad.. damn! I´m 31 soon :)
QRS
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Is the Boulder Dash game the one that is listed as "Boulder Dash / Boulder Dash part 2 (world)" ?

I saw someone call it "boulder dash part 1" before, but that's not listed in the "All games" tab of my Alphamame32 0.63

Thanks to the people who have volunteered their time to make this comp happen :)

I will have to get here earlier next time so I can vote for a couple of games I'm good at :D
BBH
Editor

Re: re

Post by BBH »

QRS wrote:I just want to remind you all that a 5 men limit would be the best (in my opinion) on psychic 5.. I don´t think anyone will see/play recordings of 10mil +, full of leeching.. or? :)
if this happens, it would have to be the responsibility of the player and judge to make sure play stops after 5 lives. Since the game does contain 1-Ups and every time EXTRA is spelled another life is added.

the leeching is NOT infinite or anything... it's mainly a way for players capable of finishing the game to squeeze out more points. I think finishing the game on 5 lives will prove to be very difficult for players... but I guess a challenge is good, eh?
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Yeah I know BBH.. but still.. the boring kicking the bosses ass and wait until the time almost runs out etc.. maybe it is me that wants fast games :)

You have right though. The leeching is not endless.

Anyway, it will be nice to play that game again! Maybe i can find all secret bonuses this time.. I never did that back in the arcade days :)
QRS