t6 games settings

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

t6 games settings

Post by lagavulin »

This new thread is to decide together which settings you want about our games. There are no official TG settings about them, and I don't want to lose time to wait for them.
So indicate clearly your preferences about number of lives, level difficulty, bonus, ... If nobody has opinions in this thread, I will take a decision in a few days.
I remind you we have the following games :
List of games selected for t6 :
DANGUN FEVERON Time Attack Mode
FINAL FIGHT
IXION
PARODIUS DA!
PLEASURE GOAL / FUTSAL 5 ON 5 MINI SOCCER.
PSYCHIC5
WIT'S
BOULDER DASH or GHOX ( not decided yet )

Thanks for your cooperation
Lagavulin,
2003 MARP Tournament Coordinator.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Default for all
Allow Kitty in dfeveron
If bouldash, use my bonus idea (I would like to see a 1 life complete game) ... by the way, part 1 or part 2 ?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I agree. Default for all games, unless there's a good reason for it not to be.

As for the Uo Poko kitty, I'm still undecided...
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

I think that you should make a life-limit to psychic 5. If you don´t want 15 mil recordings with hours of leeching to show up.
QRS
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

As for the Uo Poko kitty, I'd say leave the lil' bastid out. Using the default ships raises the stakes when a life is lost, since you'd have to power up again and lose a good 15-20 off the point value. Plus the fire isn't really as powerful as Mr. Kitty's "Flying Jellyfish of Death [insert overly climactic and scurry moosik here]"......and WTF is that Kitty's NAME anyways. 8O

Boulder Dash vs. Ghox: ....eh...leave Ghox in? Dunno...don't have enough EXP in the matter to make a valid judgement call..
「シューティング ラブ。」
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Oh please choose Ghox. As i already said, it's a cool game and i think it can make a real challenge for the tournament. It's an unknown game but a great game. I don't say that because i have the first place at the moment.
Or if you can't choose, make a poll :)
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Im with QRS on Psychic 5, and yes keep the kitty out. As for Boulder Dash and Ghox. I really like Boulder Dash, its one of two recognizable game listed here(Ixion) that I remember from the arcade. I would have liked to have seen more "Golden Age Games"(1979-1985) for the Tournament. Instead of the "Downfall" games(1986-present). But I will try my best anyway.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I wouldn't. I like the variety. Besides, crappy old games are what the Deca's for. ;)
- Barry Rodewald
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

mahlemiut wrote:I wouldn't. I like the variety. Besides, crappy old games are what the Deca's for. ;)
Variety implies a little bit of everything. Only game here made before 85' is Ixion. And 5 of them were made in either 89' or 90'. You call that variety?! And where do you come off calling old games crappy? 8O What year were you born? Do you remember when pac-man came out? Arcade games hit rock bottom by 1987 because they started to suck(that and the console). Granted there are a slim few games post- 85' that are great. But on the greater whole? Nah. Thats why the industry died. Sorry but I gotta stick up for the Golden Oldies. Anyone else who remembers the birth of arcade games instead of arcade games remembering the birth of you, would agree.
Blost
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Blost »

Crappy controls, poor graphics, simplistic gameplay...
Those were the days :D
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I was born in 1975, thank you. And I like Elevator Action. :)

But most of my arcade playing days were in the late 80's/early 90's. Bubble Bobble and SF2 especially.
- Barry Rodewald
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

You cleary were alive then :) . I guess you just develop an affinity to what you are exposed too. That ole deca system still got some life left in it though. :wink:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Galaga over and over and over.... ;)
- Barry Rodewald
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

about Psychic 5 leeching. The game does have an eventual end so how else are you going to get more points on it? Limiting the game to five lives would make it a lot harder to finish too... but what the hell, I guess "5" is the magic number. So if needed, let's go with that.....
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Is someone going to post what the default settings for these games are ? if people have already changed settings for these games there is no way to know what default is unless you remember them.